The commander worked as a freelancer and formed the DropShip Irregulars in 3059 through intensive contacts within the merc community. The unit was known for executing deep raids and rescue missions in enemy territory. The best example for their skills was the rescue of Dr. Rick Raisley from Acamar in 3065. The Word of Blake sought to catch and convert this scientist to use his work for their own purposes. At the moment the DropShip Irregulars provide security and work as bodyguard for the doctor.
The unit was destroyed by Word of Blake forces through orbital bombardment on Bethel on or shortly before 25 November 3070, just after their commanding officer, Colonel Medron Pryde, had been killed in 'Mech-to-'Mech combat. Dr. Raisley was presumed missing, not dead, after the attack on Bethel. Later sources indicated that the Irregulars had nearly routed the Blakists on Bethel before being destroyed by a nuclear strike, and reiterated that Doctor Raisley, formerly of Bethel Labs, had apparently not been killed in the explosion.
|Commanding Officers of the DropShip Irregulars|
|Colonel||Medron Pryde||3059 - 3070|
They use unorthodox tactics to accomplish their missions. Ambushes and traps were common tactics. In one case, it was reported that claymore mines were placed under the latrine of the enemy.
The unit has enough skilled support personal to maintain both their machines and transport assets.
Dragoon Rating: C
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Medron Pryde
- XO/2nd Battalion: Lieutenant Colonel Atticus L. Walker
- Each Battalion contains: 2 Mech Companies + 1 Mixed Company of infantry/armor/aerospace
- They also use some types of scout battle armor for covert operation.
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 44 - Grim Reaper entry, Notable MechWarriors section (Demi-Precentor Rebek Craines)
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 31, "DropShip Irregulars Unit profile"
- Blake Ascending, p. 276
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 12, "Rolls of Honor"