- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|HCL-1 Heavy Lifter|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
Developed just prior to the FedCom Civil War, the Heavy Lifter, is a Quad legged IndustrialMech design for commercial cargo hauling in the Federated Suns. It was created as a direct competitor with N&D WorkMechs's similar and older Uni CargoMech series.
Weapons and Equipment
Not intended for combat, the Heavy Lifter is designed essentially to outperform the Uni in freight hauling business. Its Quadrupedal leg arrangement allows for it traverse terrain easier than most conventional vehicles, however it performance is further enhanced with the presence of a Fusion Engine. Like all IndustrialMechs, the Heavy Lifter has industrial cockpit and uses 14.5 Tons of industrial grade armor. To allow the design to travel through hazardous environments or in vacuum worlds with no atmosphere, the Heavy Lifter is further enhanced with Environmental Sealing.
In its task as a CargoMech, the design features two Lift Hoists mounted in each of it's side torsos. To further strengthen its carrying capacity, Industrial Triple Strength Myomer is added. The 'Mech also has a small internal cargo capacity, which is allotted in two 1-ton cargo holds which are located in each of the Heavy Lifter's side torsos.
- HCL-1M Heavy Lifter MOD : One of the few CargoMechs to feature a fusion engine, several operators replaced the lift hoists with a Large Laser and two Medium Lasers. BV (2.0) = 884
- HCL-1MM Heavy Lifter MilitiaMech : A MilitiaMech version of the Heavy Lifter uses Heavy Industrial armor to provide protection. The main armament is a single Large Laser, three Medium Lasers, and a rear firing ER Small Laser. Fourteen heat sinks are fitted. BV (2.0) = 991
- The Heavy Lifter featured in Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons was originally used as the image of the Uni.
Heavy Lifter MOD from TRO:I
- MUL Profile for the Heavy Lifter - Introduction Date Only
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 77 RCL-1 Heavy Lifter CargoMech - "Battle Value (2.0)."
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, page 222 Uni CargoMech - "Heavy Lifer is mention among the competitions of the Uni and article briefly notes on design's features and background.
- CGL Writer jymset, clarifies what type armor was used for the Heavy Lifter and now much on Official BattleTech Forums - Ask Writers Thread 1/27/2015.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 77 RCL-1 Heavy Lifter CargoMech - "Stats for the Heavy Lifter, lists features not mentioned in TRO: VAR text."
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 47
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 115