- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Armor||Nashan LD (Commercial)|
|Engine||Defiance 210 HydroCell|
|Communications System||Doering Hi-Def Mk II|
|Targeting Tracking System||None|
Created by N&D WorkMechs of Furillo, the Quad legged Uni CargoMech was introduced in 3050. The 'Mech's design owes its development to N&D's earlier creation, the 80 ton Lugger SalvageMech. By 3068, it represents the standard industrial-grade CargoMech used in the Inner Sphere.
The design has been used throughout the former Federated Commonwealth, including the militaries of former Alliance states, mercenaries, and corporations. It has also been used by Periphery forces as both a transport and an armed response unit.
The Uni name is an abbreviation for "Universal".
Weapons and Equipment
The Uni is powered by Defiance Motors' fuel cell engine, which allows the 'Mech to carry up to 17 tons of cargo. The 'Mech features two lift hoists mounted on both rear torsos. This allows the 'Mech to drag battlefield salvage when necessary.
The chassis is encased in nine tons of commercial armor, which is also environmentally sealed to allow the 'mech to be used in hostile environments.
- ATAE-70M Uni MilitiaMech
- This version of the Uni was created to meet a request from the Donegal March Militia in 3053. The Uni MilitiaMech carried a pair of Autocannon/5s and SRM-4 launchers. A single ton of ammunition was provided for each weapon type, and an extra heat sink kept the heat under control. The MilitiaMech was intended for use as a battlefield support unit rather than direct combat. It was widely exported to the Donegal March and the Periphery March before the FedCom Civil War. Its most notable action was on Bucklands during the Jade Falcon Incursion. The Jade Falcon warriors quickly destroyed these 'Mechs because they continued to use Commercial Armor. BV (2.0) = 736
Uni ATAE-70A ArtilleryMech from XTRO:Caveat Emptor
- Heavy Lifter - A 60 ton fusion powered CargoMech introduced prior to 3070.
- King - A 90 ton Marik design CargoMech made by Kong Interstellar.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 94
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 210, "Uni 'Mech Profile"
- Spotlight On: Thermo Police, p. 8
- Experimental Technical Readout: Caveat Emptor, p. 7
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 228
- Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion, p. 30
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 95
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 96
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 222