- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Primary Site(s)|| Achernar|
|Primary Products|| Battle Armor|
Achernar BattleMechs is the oldest and most respected BattleMech manufacturer in the Federated Suns. Though best known for its military products, at least three-quarters of its business and revenue come from its other four divisions.
Located in Ith on the Federated Sun's capital world, Achernar has a long history of designing BattleMech for House Davion and was one of the first companies to produce the first BattleMechs for the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns during the Age of War. While somewhat overshadowed by the massive production capabilities of Corean Enterprises's fully automated plant during the technological decline of the Succession Wars era, Achernar produces many iconic Davion 'Mech designs which ensures that it plays an important part in shaping and supplying the Davion military.
During the Jihad, and before the various Battles for New Avalon, Marshal of the Armies Jackson Davion forced Achernar BattleMechs to shut down their surface production lines. He also planted false information in the Word of Blake camps which indicating that the main underground facility, Albion Advanced Technologies, had been destroyed by orbital bombardment. This led the Blakists to believe that Achernar was no longer a viable military threat or a source of parts, so they ignored the company in their attacks. In reality, the underground plant produced weapons, ammunition, parts, and replacement battle suits for the AFFS throughout the campaign.
After the Jihad, Achernar's BattleMech plant on New Avalon restored only four of its eight production lines which slowly began producing new Dervish, Enforcer III, Hammerhands, and BattleAxe 'Mechs. The Osiris was the next design requested by the AFFS, but given that 95% of Achernar's production lines were either moved or damaged, with the company sustaining similar losses in personnel, it was lucky to be providing 10% of its pre-Jihad output. Achernar would later be one of a number of companies to benefit from the Castle Avalon reconstruction plan implemented by Princess-Regent Yvonne Steiner-Davion in the wake of the Jihad. By mid-3081 reconstruction efforts were proceeding rapidly and it was anticipated that the plant would be back to full production by the middle of the decade.
During the Jihad, Achernar had also expanded the Albion Technologies facility and their MiningMech facility on Cahokia to produce the Legionnaire medium BattleMech. Though the Cahokia facility had lost approximately one-third of its facility and personnel during the fighting, it was soon producing the Legionnaire at three-quarters of its pre-Jihad volume.
As mentioned earlier, Achernar BattleMechs has four other divisions. These divisions provide 75% of the company's profit and revenue. They are:
- Achernar Defense Technologies - Produces military and paramilitary communications, electronics, and weapons.
- Albion Advanced Technologies and Products - Produces Battle Armor
- Achernar Heavy Industries - Produces manufacturing equipment and civilian vehicles.
- New Avalon Fusion Products - Produces fusion and conventional engines for military and civilian use.
Achernar BattleMechs has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
Achernar BattleMechs maintained a factory named the West Fabrication Facility on Achernar, which for a long time was a producer of IndustrialMechs. When the Word of Blake captured Achernar it rebuilt some of the production lines within the West Fabrication Facility to produce either (or both of) the OSP-25 Osprey or OSP-26 Osprey BattleMech. The West Fabrication Facility was completely destroyed in June 3077 when the Achernar Protectorate Militia ignored the surrender issued by the planetary governor to the allied coalition forces and instead dug in around the plant, forcing the task force on the Federated Suns front of Operation SCOUR to root out the militia from the factory complexes, leveling its facilities in the process.
The site of the Achernar plant was redeveloped in the wake of the Jihad, with the vehicle manufacturer Valiant Systems constructing a factory in the rebuilt and refurbished remains of the Achernar BattleMechs West Fabrication Facility.
|Components produced on Achernar:|
|RCL-4 Dig Lord MiningMech||IndustrialMech|
|OSP-25 Osprey or OSP-26 Osprey||Medium BattleMech|
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 169
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 152, "Manufacturer Profile"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 42, "Achernar BattleMechs Profile"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 18
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 4
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 97, "Crucis March"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 13
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 82, "Osprey"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 37, "Liberated Achernar"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Final Reckoning, p. 33-34, "Achernar: An Example Of Recovery"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 220, "Dig Lord Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 30, "Produced Prey Seeker Components"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 76, "Produced Legionnaire Components"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 110, "Produced Legionnaire variant components"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 214, "Produced Dig Lord Components"
- Objective Raids, p. 96, "Produced Achernar BattleMechs Components"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 224, "Produced Battleaxe Components"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 226, "Produced Hammerhands Components"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 50, "Produced Osiris Components"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 76, "Produced Argus Components"
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 96, "Produced Enforcer III Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, p. 7, "ENF-7D Enforcer III"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion, p. 15, "Produced Infiltrator Mk. II variant"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 42, "Produced Vulpes Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1
- Handbook House Davion
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: Federated Suns
- Technical Readout: 3025
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3067
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised
- Technical Readout: Prototypes