Improved Gauss Rifle
|Improved Gauss rifle|
|Year Availability||2822 CGS|
|Year Introduced||2821 CGS|
|Year Reintroduced||3080 Escorpión Imperio|
|Ammo Per Ton||8|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||20,000|
|Ammo BV (2.0)||40|
The improved Gauss rifle was created by Clan Goliath Scorpion scientists during the Golden Century. It acted as a bridge weapon that linked the SLDF's Gauss rifle to the later Clan-spec version used in the Clan Invasion. Though its production would be cancelled in 2837, it would be reintroduced by the Escorpión Imperio in 3080.
- The improved Gauss rifle is manufactured on the following planets:
|Manufactured on||Manufactured by||Typically used in||References|
|Brim||Brim Ironworks||Vision Quest|||
The improved Gauss rifle's capacitors remain charged and explosive at all times, even when the unit carrying it is shut down or the crew/pilot is unable to act. If it suffers a critical hit, the carrying unit will deliver a 20-point internal explosion.
In all other respects, it follows the rules for the Gauss rifle.
- Interstellar Operations, p. 41
- Interstellar Operations, p. 96
- Interstellar Operations, p. 216
- Interstellar Operations, p. 217
- Interstellar Operations, p. 195
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 30