JES I Tactical Missile Carrier
|JES I Tactical Missile Carrier|
|Manufacturer||Joint Equipment Systems|
|Mission||Short-Range attack vehicle|
|Armor||Lexington Ltd. High Grade|
|Engine||JES 15 Fusion Engine|
|Targeting Tracking System||FireScan w/IndirecTrack|
Joint Equipment System’s first vehicle since the Clan Invasion overtook its main plant on Alshain. The JES I is a close-in fighting vehicle for primary escort and defense. The vehicle is considered by many to be under-powered with its Rating 15 Fusion Engine and under armored for its size. The vehicle’s glaring flaws were due to JES’s lack of capital to fund better equipment.
The vehicle remained in service during the Jihad, even though its slow speeds seemed to doom the vehicle to extinction. However, the vehicle proved to be popular among Periphery nations and so the vehicle’s production continued well into the 3130s. The vehicle was deployed by Republic of the Sphere forces and later found its way into the hands of the Republic’s multiple militia factions at the outbreak of the HPG Blackout in 3132.
Weapons and Equipment
Armed with three Holly SRM-6 (with one mounted in the turret) with two tons of ammunition. The six-packs are complemented by four smaller Holly SRM-4 launchers with 5 tons of ammunition between the front-mounted launchers. The vehicle has two 22mm Gatling Machine Guns to handle infantry with half a ton of ammo. As the vehicle’s only non-ammunition weapon, it has a single Diverse Optics ER Small Laser forward mounted as well.
- JES II Strategic Missile Carrier - With increasing funds from the sale of JES I, JES were able to develop a modern take on their classic tracked missile carriers.
Original JES I from TRO:3075
- MUL online date for the JES I Tactical Missile Carrier
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 24
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 101
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 48
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 39