JES II Strategic Missile Carrier
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|JES II Strategic Missile Carrier|
|Manufacturer||Joint Equipment Systems|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armor||ArcShield Maxi IV|
|Communications System||Communicator w/Guardian ECM & C3 Slave|
|Targeting Tracking System||FireScan w/IndirecTrack|
|BV (2.0)||1,349 |
Benefiting from the Ghost Bear Dominion's attempt to build bridges with Inner Sphere manufacturers within its borders, the near-moribund and poorly regarded Joint Equipment Systems of Alshain was brought back from the brink of ruin. Producing Clan-grade vehicles for the Bears and export vehicles for Inner Sphere markets, the desperation of the Jihad only fueled their revival with buyers snapping up even its most disdained products and providing funds to develop the JES II. Produced at JES facilities at Alshain and Panpour for general sale across the Inner Sphere, the bulk were bought by the Ghost Bear Dominion, Federated Suns and Republic of the Sphere to fill out their militia and defensive formations.
Despite carrying a Guardian ECM Suite and C3 Slave to enhance its protection and accuracy when firing from cover, the JES II was similar to the ancient LRM/SRM carriers upon which it is based, its pedestrian ground speed and merely adequate ten and half tons of ArcShield Maxi IV standard armor made it easy prey in a direct confrontation.
Weapons and Equipment
Closely matching more primitive LRM Carriers, the JES II mounted four FarFire LRM-15 racks in its nose, supported by a pair of side-mounted FarFire MML-9 launchers. The advanced Multi-Missile Launchers allowed the crew to switch between adding to main launchers LRM fire or switch to SRMs if the enemy got too close. A massive eight ton ammo bay for the main launchers allowed them almost four minutes of continuous fire, with the four ton configurable bays supplying the MML launchers most commonly divided between two tons of LRM and two tons of SRM reloads to make best use of the versatile launchers. A BlazeFire Longshot ER Medium Laser was added as an after-thought to the front of the vehicle, to act as a backup weapon as ammo runs low and as a deterrent to enemy infantry.
- A model sighted during the Dark Age era in 3088 mounted four Artemis IV enhanced LRM-20 in front with a single Artemis IV enhanced LRM-10 on each flank. It was also clad in Ferro-Fibrous armor.  BV (1.0) = 1,054 However to make room for all the equipment, the C3 Slave and Guardian ECM were removed, as was much of the armor. BV (2.0) = 1,209
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 48-49, "JES II Strategic Missile Carrier"
- MUL online date for the JES II Strategic Missile Carrier
- MUL online data for the JES II Strategic Missile Carrier (Ammo) variant
- MUL online data for the JES II Strategic Missile Carrier (Support) variant
- 'Dragon's Fury - Go-Cho Dmitri Sorkin's Dossier.
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 26
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 68