The Eagle-class frigate Leodegrance and her sister ship FWLS Percival were both constructed to be escort vessels for the sixth carrier of the Thera-class of carriers being built by the Free Worlds League, the FWLS Thessaly, which was due to enter active service in 3070.
The Word of Blake suborned a number of Free Worlds League WarShips during the Jihad; while the Thessaly and the Leodegrance remained loyal to the League, the Percival joined the Blakist cause. The Leodegrance was destroyed in the Regulus system in 3072 by the Blakists.
- The Leodegrance appears to have been named for a figure associated with the myths around the 5th or 6th century AD King Arthur; in this case, King Leodegrance.
- The destruction of the Leodegrance and seven other Free Worlds League WarShips unaccounted for specifically by name in sourcebooks was confirmed by the BattleTech Developer Øystein Tvedten via the Catalyst Game Labs Ask The Writers Forum:
|“||Delphi (Thera-Class) - Destroyed by Word of Blake, 3068
Thessaly (Thera-Class) - never completed, scuttled in dock by loyalists to keep it out of Blakists hands in 3068
|— Øystein Tvedten, 07 December 2013|
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 144, "Ships Of The FWL"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Captured Ships"
- BattleTech Developer confirms the destruction of the Delphi