Technicron Manufacturing is one of the medium sized military hardware manufacturers in the Free Worlds League, producing both a smattering of BattleMechs as well as JumpShips and WarShips for the FWLM.
While noted primarily for production of the Invader-class JumpShip at their Tamarind based shipyard, the company's ground based facilities on Savannah have become famous for the design and production of the Quickdraw and Awesome BattleMechs. Technicron was relatively lucky and avoided complete destruction during the Succession Wars. The recovery of lostech has greatly benefited the company, while their orbital facility would seem to make them a natural for the production of Endo Steel, instead they championed reintroducing the XL engine and retooled their BattleMech production lines to use advanced equipment.
However those upgrades pale in comparison to injection of funds and technical knowledge to retool part of the Tamarind shipyards to produce WarShips, with Technicron serving as the production site for the Impavido-class destroyer, the first post–Succession War era WarShip design produced by the League.
After the Jihad ended, production of the Impavido was halted in order to focus on the production of Invader class JumpShips. The factories on Savannah and Tongatapu were either destroyed or captured by the Marik Commonwealth.
In the case of the Savannah plant, the attempted declaration of independence by Savannah in 3071 was brutally repressed by a combination of Blakist and Free Worlds League forces in 3074, which damaged the Technicron Manufacturing facilities. The plant suffered further damage in the Bloody Tricentennial attacks and was offline in 3079, with the plant taking further damage when the Republic of the Sphere annexed the world in the 3080s.
In the early 32nd century, Technicron's research into replicating Clan technology had borne fruit as the company mastered producing the polymers necessary for Clan double heat sinks. In 3137, the company took another major step, at great expense, when they launched an orbital platform around Savannah capable of mass-producing Endo Steel to Clantech standards.
Technicron Manufacturing has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Savannah:|
|QKD-5M Quickdraw||Heavy BattleMech|
|AWS-9M Awesome||Assault BattleMech|
|Technicron Type E||Chassis - Quickdraw|
|Technicron Type G||Chassis - Awesome|
|Chilton 460||Jump Jets - Quickdraw|
|Hermes 320 XL||Extralight fusion engine - Awesome|
|Magna 300||Fusion engine - Quickdraw|
|Durallex Heavy Special||Armor - Regent|
|Components produced on Tamarind:|
|K-F Mark VIIa||Kearny-Fuchida Drive - JumpShips - Invader|
|Compact K-F Drive for Impavido||Compact K-F Drive - Combat JumpShips|
|Lithium-Fusion Battery for Impavido||Lithium-Fusion Battery|
|White Shark||Capital Missile|
|Killer Whale||Capital Missile|
|Components produced on Tongatapu:|
|AWS-11M Awesome||Assault BattleMech|
|AWS-11R Awesome||Assault BattleMech|
|Clantech Heat Sinks||Technology|
- It was confirmed by BattleTech Developer Øystein Tvedten via the Catalyst Game Labs Ask the Writers Forum that the Savannah plant was offline in 3079 and the reasons for it being offline.
|“||Actually, not correct. It was still in the FWL in 3079, and as such if it had any working industry it would have been covered there.
Savannah attempted to declare independence in 3071, but was savagely suppressed by a WoB/Marik force in 3074, which put Technicron Manufacturing offline. It was further damaged during the Bloody Tricentenial and when the Republic forcefully annexed the world in 3080ish.
As such it was not operational in 3079, and hence was not included in Objectives: FWL.
|— Øystein Tvedten, 06 August 2013|
- Objective Raids, p. 133: "Technicron Manufacturing Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 136: "Technicron Manufacturing Profile"
- Objectives: Free Worlds League, p. 22
- Objectives: Free Worlds League, neither Savannah nor Tongatapu factories listed in document
- BattleTech Developer confirms the status of Technicron Manufacturing on Savannah in 3079.
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 4, p. 13
- Objective Raids, p. 133: "Produced Technicron Manufacturing"
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 21, p. 10
- Objectives: Free Worlds League, p. 4
- BattleSpace, p. 27: "Ship Construction - JumpShips and WarShips"
- TechManual, p. 210
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 2, p. 12: "AWS-11R Awesome"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Marik, p. 6