XLI Corps (Star League)
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||Ninth Army|
XLI Corps (or the Forty-first Corps) was one of the seventy-two Corps that made up the Star League Defense Force. Prior to the collapse of the Star League it consisted of five divisions, six independent regiments and an independent aero wing. At the time, it was the only Ninth Army Corps to contain five divisions.
In 2764 XLI Corps was part of the 9th Army, assigned to District 2 of the Free Worlds League Military Region. The Forty-first put two of its divisions along the Free Worlds League's border with the Lyran Commonwealth, and kept the other two closer to the interior of the League. They were constantly on-call against state sponsored pirates, but they hadn't participated in a large scale deployment.
When the simmering violence and rebellion building in the Periphery erupted with the New Vandenberg Uprising and subsequent Periphery-wide uprising in 2765 XLI Corps was deployed into the Periphery Military Region along with the rest of the 9th Army.
The resulting combat and terrorist actions within the Periphery Military Region inflicted a substantial amount of damage on XLI Corps; not only was the 35th Jump Infantry Division lost along with four of the six independent regiments, the 218th Mechanized Infantry Division defected, joining the Periphery rebels.
The remaining units of XLI Corps went on to fight in the Hegemony Campaign; although the campaign resulted in the loss of the Marne Division and the remaining two independent regiments, more than two divisions of troops survived.
When General Aleksandr Kerensky led the bulk of the SLDF on the Exodus the greater part of both surviving divisions from XLI Corps followed him, although the 104th Striker Regiment chose not to follow the rest of the Altair Division, instead remaining in the Inner Sphere in the service of the Draconis Combine, while the 802nd Independent Aero Wing chose to join the Free Worlds League.
|Commanding Officers of the XLI Corps (Star League)|
|Major General||Gisbert Beauchamp||2764|
- 245th BattleMech Division
- 275th BattleMech Division
- 172nd Mechanized Infantry Division
- 218th Mechanized Infantry Division
- 35th Jump Infantry Division
- 30th Royal CAAN Marine Regiment
- 51st Light Horse Regiment
- 13th Hussar Regiment
- 384th Striker Regiment
- 387th Battle Regiment
- 1st French Cavalry Regiment
- 802nd Independent Aero Wing
- The Star League, p. 142
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 122