- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Zephyros Infantry Support Vehicle|
|Manufacturer||Swedenborg Heavy Industries|
|Mission||Infantry Fire Support|
|Armor||"Magnum” Ferro-Fibrous Composite|
|Communications System||Build 1685 Tacticom w/ECM|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series VI Integrated TTS|
The Zephyros Infantry Support Vehicle (abbreviated Zephyros ISV), was a Clan Hell's Horses Combat Vehicle produced on Kirchbach in the early 3080s after the Word of Blake Jihad had ended. The vehicle was conceived as a means to be able to shore up the Clan's conventional forces after being cut off from the Clan Home Worlds.
Powered by a 180-rated Fusion Engine, the Zephyros is a speedy vehicle. Five and a half tons of “Magnum” Ferro-Fibrous Composite has been used to protect the vehicle from enemy fire. In addition, the vehicle employs a Guardian ECM Suite to help deal with more electronically sophisticated opponents.
Weapons and Equipment
The Zephyros's main weaponry is a pair of Series 2b Extended Range Medium Lasers that is mounted in the vehicle's turret. Also found in the turret is a pair of Light Machine Guns that gives the vehicle the means to fend off infantry elements. It carries one ton of ammunition for these weapons.
- An experimental tech variant developed in 3086 changes the weapons layout of the vehicle. The vehicle's light machine guns are moved into a Pintle-mounted turret found at the rear of the vehicle. The forward turret's weapons are downgraded to standard Medium Lasers. A half ton of ammunition is removed to make room for the additional turret mechanism. BV (2.0) = 844