- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3025)|
|Parent Formation||St. Ives Armored Cavalry|
Considered one of oldest and youngest regiments in the CCAF, the unit comprises survivors of the 5th Capellan Chargers, originally forming in 2805.
During the First Succession War, the Goliath's partipated in multi-regimential task force to retake the former Liao world of Chesterton in 2812. As part of the task force, the unit landed unopposed, however they were attacked by the defending Third & Fifth Crucis Lancers regiments with support by Belinda's Irregulars in a hard and brutal struggle for the world. The effort, the unit was considered destroyed with many of the unit's 'Mechs and loss of skilled MechWarriors killed on Chesterton.
The unit despite being destroyed, remained on the rolls of the CCAF's regimental listings for 178 years as memorial to troops who fought on Chesterton.
This changed in 2990, when Colonel Fiona Cochraine took command of newly reactived unit. The unit was re-equiped with BattleMechs found in a Star League repair depot on Tantara. Through this long-lost depot under artic ice shelf, unit gained Confederation's only allotment of Goliath BattleMech.
In the 3005, the unit finally saw action in defense of world of Indicass against elements of Ceti Hussars. There Goliaths destroyed two companies of Davion Wolverine and Ostroc 'Mechs, causing the Hussars retreat from the world.
Fourth Succession War
In outbreak of the 4th Succession War, the unit was target of planetary assaulted while garrison St. Andre in August 20th, 3028. The Davion Light Guards hit the planet, but were scattered due to heavy Aerospace fighter cover. Preventing the landing of Guard's 2nd Battalion.
The Goliath's pushed the Light Guard's 1st Battalion out position, forcing mix light and medium mech battalion to stay out of its weaponry's ranges. The command company of the Goliath is suddenly attack from its rear by reinforced (Double-sized) company of Light Guard 'Mechs. The Delta Company lead by Captain Andrew Redburn out manuvered the Goliath's hot-dropped behind Goliath's lines.
The Goliath were unable to fight back effectively, as the lighter 'Mech closed within short-range of long-range orient 'mechs and commence its destruction. Colonel Cochraine was killed by Captain Redburn when he committed a Death from Above attack on her 'Mech after two lances worth of his troops concentrated fire on the stubborn Assault 'Mech.
The Goliaths fell into disarray with now rest of the Guard's 1st Battalion now pushing into Goliath's battlelines. This lead to the destruction of the regiment.
- Unit Commander - Colonel Fiona Yare Cochraine
- 1st Battalion - Major Amira Keng
A stylized castle on a white field.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Warrior: Riposte (novel)
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation) page 47 - Proffered Hand - Cochraine's Goliath among many of the regimental forces trying take Chesterton in 2812.
- Warrior: Riposte page 240-241 Captain Redburn receives reports of fighting on St. Andre prior to dropping.
- Warrior: Riposte page 244-245 - Colonel Cochraine's Goliath is attacked attack finally killed by Delta Company.
- Warrior: Riposte page 253-254 - First Prince Hanse Davion receives after-action report of Delta Company's attack on Cochraine's Goliaths.
- House Liao (the Capellan Confederation) Cochraine's Goliaths bio - Primary BattleMechs