1st Chesterton Voltigeurs
|First Chesterton Voltigeurs|
|Unit Profile (as of 3025)|
|Parent Formation||Chesterton Reserves|
First Succession War
The Voltigeurs first tasted combat fighting against House Kurita on Rio and Ronel in the first half of the 2800's. Where the Ariana Grenadiers were routed from Ronel, the Voltigeurs were far more successful on Rio. The Voltigeurs began by intercepting the Dieron Regulars' DropShips with aerospace fighters while the DropShips were entering the upper atmosphere, and successfully shot down two DropShips, which crashed into the surface south of the port city of San Lucas. The remaining Regulars' DropShips managed to land, but found themselves immediately subject to artillery fire from the Voltigeurs, forcing the DropShips to boost for safety as soon as the last 'Mechs had managed to disembark. The Regulars attempted to quickly seize the resort city of San Lucas to use as a base for operations, only to discover that the Voltigeurs had rigged a number of the tallest buildings in the city to collapse using explosives, as well as mining half the streets. Within half an hour of landing, the Regulars found themselves trapped in a burning, fiery hell that had once been a pristine resort town on a world that had enjoyed a reputation as a holiday paradise during the Star League era.
Third Succession War
Fourth Succession War
Defense of Tikonov
All three regiments of the Chesterton Voltigeurs took part in the assault on New Aragon. The Voltigeurs suffered heavy losses attacking a supply depot and eventually surrendered when escape proved impossible.
First Chesterton Voltigeurs (Green/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Voltigeurs was a lightweight regiment operating just above half strength and stationed on Rio.
- CO: Colonel Alana Dickersenn
- First Battalion - Major Athena Cochraine
- Second Battalion - Major Emmanuel Rinn
- Third Battalion - Major William Gazen
Crossed katana blades against a red field.
First Succession War states that the First Chesterton Voltigeurs was one of three BattleMech regiments raised by Sandol Quinn before his installation as Regent Chancellor. Quinn was installed as Regent Chancellor in 2795, and the Voltigeurs were not listed as an active regiment in 2786, while House Liao (The Capellan Confederation) states that the Voltigeurs were formed in the last decade of the twenty-eighth century, giving a window of between 2790 and 2795 for the formation of the regiment.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 83, "1st Chesterton Voltigeurs"
- First Succession War, p. 82, "Caught In The Capellan Crossfire"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 30, "Other Actions on Tikonov"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 97, "New Aragon"
- First Succession War, p. 135, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces"