2nd Army (ComStar)
|2nd Army V-mu|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||The Iron Warriors|
|Parent Formation||Com Guard|
Assigned to the Fomalhaut Theater, from 2 to 3 on the Inner Sphere Clock, elements of the Com Guards 2nd Army faced all the Clans save the Ghost Bears during the Battle of Tukayyid, adopting the name of The Iron Warriors.
Stationed along the Combine-FedSun border, while most other Armies were assigned to face a single Clan, the best Divisions of the Second were assigned to bolster other Armies. The Second only lost a single unit on Tukayyid, the 121st, with the 321st transferred to the understrength Twelfth Army during the Com Guards post-Tukayyid reorganization in 3053. 
While not seeing any combat since Tukayyid, the Second Army was expected to see heavy action during the Draconis March's incursion during the FedCom Civil War. However both the DCMS and AFFS forces respected the Com Guards neutrality, the Second pulling back to defend ComStar compounds and other humanitarian interests such as hospitals and water purification plants. This unfortunately led to accusations of renewed ComStar favoritism towards the Combine from some FedSun officers, after the DCMS redeployed their forces slated to defend those sites. 
After the beginning of the Jihad the Com Guard Armies were stretched too thin. To counteract this, the 7th-12th Armies were disbanded and used to reinforce the 1st-6th Armies. This gave each of the newly-reinforced Armies a full six Divisions.  The rebuilt 2nd Army was assigned to cover operations in the Federated Suns.
Under the command of Galen Cox, the Second Army was assigned to Coalition forces liberating Word of Blake Protectorate worlds on the FedSun front. During the liberation of Hamal in October 3077, elements of the Second accidentally fired on the Ryuken-ni and killed the unit's CO, with the enraged Combine unit accusing the Army of being Blakist sympathizers, crushing over a division of Com Guard troops before truth of the terrible friendly-fire incident was discovered.   The Second Army then assisted the Conner Sortek led 1st Davion Guards in the liberation of Fletcher in the last months of 3077. 
Along with the Third Army, the Second was attached to a top secret mission led by Devlin Stone, disappearing from public view in mid 3078,  reappearing only after the liberation of Terra was concluded in 3079.  It was later learned the 2nd and 3rd Armies had undertaken a successful if very costly assault against the Blakist held Luyten 68-28 system, the remains of both shattered armies being used to bolster the 6th Army in preparation for Operation SCOUR and were effectively disbanded. 
- As of 3067 the Second Army was under the command of Precentor Alexander Cocus. Born in 3010, Crocus has been overall commander of the Second since immediately prior to the Clan Invasion and was one of the youngest commanders at Tukayyid and the only one to retain remaining at his post. A formidable strategist and administrator, Crocus ensured his troops did not want for supplies, boasting some of most advanced equipment in Guard. Unlike many long term officers, Crocus did not resent the elevation of Victor Steiner-Davion to Precentor Martial.    
- As of 3077, the Second Army was under the command of Galen Cox. 
- 77th Division (The White Monsters IV-iota, on Fomalhaut)
- 211th Division (Effective Action IV-eta, on Galtor III)
- 321st Division (Pure Duty IV-xi, on Proserpina)
- 81st Division (Operations of Thought IV-phi, on An Ting)
- 301st Division (White Sharks IV-lambda, on Tancredi IV)
- 82nd Division (Justice Through Words IV-sigma, on Tishomingo)
3055 to 3067
- 81st Division (The Defenders of Joje IV-kappa, on Fomalhaut)  
- 301st Division (Shark Bait IV-phi, on An Ting)  
- 82nd Division (The Web-Cutters IV-pi, on Halstead Station)  
- 77th Division (The Monsters IV-theta, on Proserpina)  
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 22, 125 "2nd Army V-mu: The Iron Warriors"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 84, 98 "2nd Army V-mu (The Iron Warriors)"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 210
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 38-39 - "Snakes Still Snakes"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 16
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 39-40 - "Ingress, Fletcher Fall"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 77 - "Stone is Coming!"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 131-132 - "Where are the Shadows?"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 106 "What Lies Beneath - The Republic of the Sphere - The Com Guards"
- 20 Year Update, p. 70, "2nd V-Lambda"
- ComStar, p. 84, "2nd Army V-mu"