5th Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|5th Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Apprentices of Warlock|
|Parent Formation||Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
The 5th Confederation Reserve Cavalry is a reserve regiment of the Capellan Confederation that, like its sister units, spends most of its time rotating between home worlds in a defensive posture. It was initially stationed on Tsinghai and Larsha. The unit fought in defense of Tsinghai in the Seventh Wave of the Fourth Succession War, fought a winter conflict on Warlock during the Capellan-St. Ives War, and battled pirates on Muridox.
Fourth Succession War
Later they did defend the world at battalion strength during the Seventh Wave along with a battalion of Preston's Lancers. In that battle the 20th Avalon Hussars and two regiments of the 12th Vegan Rangers landed on the planet with a large numerical advantage. The 5th Reserve managed to battle their way to their dropships and escape losing only half their number.
Xin Sheng Campaign
At some point during the war the 5th Reserve faced off against the 1st Janissaries on either Warlock or Tantara as conflicting accounts of the location exist. Warlock is an arctic planet therefore it is likely that it is the correct site for the battle. After heavy fighting the 5th Reserve retreated to await reinforcements but regained the initiative when joined by a regiment of McCarron's Armored Cavalry.
In 3064 the 5th Reserve faced pirates while on regular rotation to Zanzibar. A green battalion of the unit met two battalions under pirate Major Kerry Wung and handily defeated them using combined armed tactics.
During the opening part of the Jihad the Fifth CRC was part of the Capellan counterattack after Operation: Sovereign Justice. They first landed on Imalda and, assisted by elements of the Death Commandos, faced the 21st Illician Rangers from the Illician Lancers mercenary brigade. The 21st Rangers were forced to fight a guerilla campaign due to lack of supplies, striking back more than once at the more numerous Capellan forces before the supply situation forced them to withdraw to Sendalor. After defeating the Lancers, the Fifth CRC moved on to New Westin, where they defeated the Jie Fang Legion. The fighting took a heavy toll on the Fifth, and they redeployed to new garrison stations on Foot Fall, Mandate, and Remshield after returning to Capellan space.
The Fifth Reserve Cavalry is unique among its peers in that every battalion has been reorganized into the Capellan Augmented Battalion formations (other CCAF units typically have a single Augmented Battalion). This provides a great deal of tactical flexibility. In 3085 the Fifth Reserve Cavalry was garrison for Jonathan.
As part of Operation CELESTIAL SPEAR the Fifth was assigned to Wei alongside the 6th Confederation Reserve Cavalry, 4th McCarron's Armored Cavalry, and Warrior House Kamata to try to disrupt Kai Allard-Liao on his parade of vengeance.
During the fight on Warlock, the 5th Reserve placed hidden infantry units on the field of battle which revealed themselves at the height of the main attack and hit the distracted enemy from an unexpected quarter.
- CO: Colonel Odelia Mitschke
3063 to 3067
- CO/1st Battalion: Sang-shao Rhi Song
- XO/2nd Battalion: Zhong-shao Richard Ashington
- 3rd Battalion: Zong-shao Makura Masushta
- No separate Command Company
- Wing Commander: Kong-sao-shao Arik Ivanov
- Armor Commander: Zhong-shao Dalia Jo Raihn
- Infantry Commander: Sao-shao Que Dim Pahn
- Two Companies of anti-Mech trained Jump troops, 1 Artillery Company
- All Jump troops skilled as artillery spotters
5th Confederation Reserve Cavalry (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Rhi Song
5th Reserve Air Corps (Flight/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Kong-sao-shao Kirby Lynch
5th Reserve Armor Corps (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Kui Nung Ip
5th Reserve Auxiliary Forces (1 Battalion/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Sao-shao Yuk Fai Ng
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation, p. 105, "Regimental Deployment Table - 3025"
- NAIS Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 59, Tsinghai
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 72, "5th Confederation Reserve Cavalry Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 22, "5th Confederation Reserve Cavalry"
- NAIS Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 42, Tsinghai
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 111, 5th Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation, p. 152, Warlock
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 11
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 73, "Illician Lancers"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 28
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 34, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades, p. 23
- 20 Year Update, p. 62, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 41, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 32, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- 20 Year Update
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: CCAF
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Objective Raids