87th Dragoon (Clan Star Adder)
|Eighty-seventh Dragoon Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3069)|
|Nickname||Ivory Six Shooters|
|Parent Formation||Alpha Galaxy|
During the Burrock Absorption the Eighty-seventh Dragoon Cluster - also sometimes referred to as the Eighty-seventh Adder Dragoons - was the command was the first unit to fight against Clan Blood Spirit forces on Albion. The battle was fierce and the casualties high; the lose of so many good warriors led to a downgrade in the Dragoons' performance. Another problem arose with the difficult integration of the replacement warriors.
Wars of Reaving
In late 3069 the Blood Spirits were expanding their holdings in the Homeworlds, looking in part to obtain additional resources for their hidden settlements on Honor and Haven. Khan Karianna Schmitt led the Blood Spirit Alpha and Iota Galaxies to Albion, intent on seizing the Star Adder holdings there. The Eighty-seventh Dragoons managed to hold the Star Adder enclave at Junction City until the end of the year before falling, outlasting the 343rd Adder Sentinels who had been defeated defending the nearby Chrysaor manufacturing facilities soon after the Blood Spirits landed.
The unit can fight in any terrain and prefers longer engagements, because of their heavy equipment. Most battles follow a two step plan. First the fighter soften the opponent up and then the heavy/assault 'Mechs deliver the final blow. 
- 5 Binaries
Eighty-seventh Dragoon Cluster (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Star Colonel Chas Codman
- - At this point the Eighty-seventh was stationed on Albion, alongside the Eighty-fifth Adder Cavaliers and 191st Adder Guards. The Dragoons were operating at full strength and completely equipped with Omni-technology.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 123
- Wars of Reaving, p. 43, "The Hellion Plan"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 73, "Alpha Galaxy"