- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Di Tron Heavy Industries|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Max Thrust||2.5 g|
|Fuel (tons)||150 tons|
|Fuel (days)||81.52 days|
|Armament|| 11 x AC/10s |
12 x Medium Lasers
2 x Large Lasers
4 x SRM 6s
6 x LRM 20s
|Crew||54 + 72 bay personnel|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||4/9|
|BV (2.0)|| 4,863|
The Dictator-class military DropShip was a Star League era BattleMech carrier developed for the Star League Defense Force. The Dictator was originally designed in response to failings in the SLDF's 'Mech carriers during the Reunification War, with Di Tron Heavy Industries beginning work on the ship in 2582. However, bureaucratic and technical delays meant it became operational in 2600, long after the conflict ended.
Lacking fighter bays, the Dictator is meant to be operated as part of a task force rather than conduct independent operations, with its ability to carry three entire 'Mech companies safely and offload them quickly. Protected by 42 tons of standard armor, the ship proved itself reliable and effective long after production ceased in 2725. The Dictator was invaluable during Operation Smother in 2729, ending the war between House Davion and House Kurita quickly.
Many of this class were destroyed during the Amaris Civil War, and the aging Dictator was mostly abandoned by SLDF forces taking part in the Exodus in favor of the newer Overlord. The very few which survived the first three Succession Wars were in a poor state of repair. However, by 3075 the Magistracy of Canopus was able to gain possession of a large quantity of Dictator DropShips in pristine shape.
Two Medium Lasers, two LRM-20s and three Autocannon/10s are mounted in the nose section of the Dictator. Two additional LRM-20s and AC/10s, along with one Large Laser and two Medium Lasers, provided coverage across the ship's forward arc. Protecting its rear firing arc are two Medium Lasers, two SRM-6 missile launchers and another AC/10. The last two Medium Lasers and AC/10s are mounted in the aft section of the ship. The Dictator carries 250 rounds for its AC/10s, 120 rounds for the SRM launchers and 144 rounds for the LRM launchers.
The Dictator has four cargo bays in total, with three dedicated to carrying a company of 12 'Mechs each. Stacked atop each other, each bay is isolated with its own drop mechanism, access ramp and door. While this provides excellent protection should one bay be compromised, it also means moving cargo between bays is practically impossible unless the ship is grounded. The fourth bay is dedicated to general cargo with a 704 ton capacity.
- Command Variant
- Introduced in 2620, the Command Variant was used to deploy a Regimental Command Company and its Battalion Lances. The ship's third 'Mech bay is converted to carry 18 heavy vehicles, which would be part of the logistic and support elements of the Regiment. This change increased the number of people aboard a Command-variant Dictator from the original 39 crew and 73 bay personnel by adding a further 120 bay personnel. One out of ten Dictators that were produced was a Command variant. BV (2.0) = 4,802
- MUL online date for the Dictator
- Technical Readout: 3075 p. 194 - BV2 listing.
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 84, "Dictator 2600"
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, p. 114
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 84, "Dictator (Command)"
- Technical Readout: 3075", p. 198, "Dictator"