- This article is about the BattleMech. For other uses, see Eagle (AeroSpace Fighter) and Eagle (WarShip).
|Chassis||Curtiss Eagle Endo Steel|
|Communications System||CurtissComm Mark II|
|Jump Jets||CurtissJet 55|
Curtiss Militech looked to exploit the success of the Wraith with a venture into the light 'Mech class. Their flagship in this effort is the Eagle. The concept of the design is to create a balanced mix of speed and firepower on a light chassis. The end result is a 'Mech on the lower end of the light class with movement capabilities equal to most 'Mechs in the fifty to sixty ton range. The Eagle is built on a Curtiss Eagle Endo Steel chassis that saves weight on the 'Mech and is powered by a Vlar 125 fusion engine that gives the 'Mech a ground speed of 86.4 km/h. For added mobility, the Eagle has five CurtissJet 55 jump jets that allow it to jump up to one hundred fifty meters. The Eagle has five tons of Kallon FWL armor, giving it decent protection from other light 'Mechs. Overall, the Eagle is a light 'Mech that packs a punch while sacrificing speed and maneuverability making it vulnerable to heavier 'Mechs.
The Eagle gets its primary punch from a Diverse Optics Sunbeam ER Large Laser that can remove half a ton of armor from a target at up to five hundred and seventy meters. For close range combat, the Eagle has a Diverse Optics Type ER Medium Laser and also a Forward-1 TAG laser designator making it capable of calling in highly accurate Arrow IV artillery attacks as well as Semi-Guided LRM fire.
- EGL-1M - A basic and rare variant of the Eagle, the 1M removes the TAG designator and the ER Medium Laser and replaces them with an Anti-Missile System with a ton of ammunition and an ER Small Laser. BV (1.0) = 718, BV (2.0) = 757
- EGL-3M - A variant introduced during the Jihad, this one employs Advanced Technology. The 'Mech has all its weapons replaced by single Light PPC in the left arm and a Medium Variable Speed Pulse Laser in the right. Armor protection is slightly reduced in spots to favor other section in this model.BV (2.0) = 645
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 78-79, "Eagle 'Mech Profile"
- ↑ MUL online date for the Eagle (BattleMech)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Combat Operations, p. 130
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 64
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 110
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 63
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 109
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 111 - Eagle variant from the Jihad.