Enhanced Prosthetic (Blade)
- Community Outreach - Interview With BanditB17 And mdmzero0 On The 2018 MechWarrior Online World Championship Finals
- First BattleTech Expansion - Flashpoint - Arrives November 27th
- Update From Catalyst On The New BattleTech Box Sets
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Read more →
These Enhanced Prosthetic limbs were ones which concealed a weapon within the agent's arms, in this case a simple Blade which could retract behind hidden panels in the arm or hand. Spotting such concealed weapons was very difficult.
As with other prosthetic enhancements, these were employed only by the intelligence agencies of the Inner Sphere with agents who already had a Type 3 or superior prosthetic limb. The Clans were too philosophically opposed and the Periphery too poor to make use of them beyond rare cases. Among the Manei Domini, this upgrade was available to all agents with the necessary prosthetic limb.
In CBT play, each conventional infantryman equipped with a Blade enhanced limb adds .02 to a platoon's damage value and receives a +2 to-hit bonus, however it can only applied to other units engaged within the platoon's hex and the sum of all prosthetic weapons must be rounded normally before being applied. In RPG play, this limb has the following statistics in addition to all rules associated with enhanced limbs.
- Equipment Ratings: C/D/E
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage: 1/1D6
- Cost/Reload: 100/-
- Notes: -
- A Guide to Covert Ops, p. 110-111
- A Guide to Covert Ops, p. 109
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 124-125, 130