Enhanced Prosthetic (Grappler)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
A common tool used by field agents with Enhanced Prosthetics, Grappler enhancements were a type of low-tech alternative to electromagnetic enhancements. Concealed within the prosthetic limb was a high-pressure launcher capable of firing a thin but sturdy weighted line. The line could not only be used to climb, but also ensnare a target or reel in an object up to 50 kilograms in weight towards the agent, regardless of the agent's actual strength.
As with other prosthetic enhancements, these were employed only by the intelligence agencies of the Inner Sphere with agents who already had a Type 3 or superior prosthetic limb. The Clans were too philosophically opposed and the Periphery too poor to make use of them beyond rare cases. Among the Manei Domini, this upgrade was available to all agents with the necessary prosthetic limb, but could be used to reel in a target up to 150kg in weight.
In CBT, if a majority of a conventional infantry platoon is equipped with Grappler limbs they receive a -2 modifier to any Anti-'Mech Leg or Swarm attacks. In RPG play, this limb has the following statistics in addition to all rules associated with enhanced limbs.
- Equipment Ratings: C/C/C
- Range: 2/5/8/12 meters
- Cost: 500
- Notes: 50kg max.; -4 TN modifier to ensnare or climb
- A Guide to Covert Ops, p. 111
- A Guide to Covert Ops, p. 109
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 124-125, 130