- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
Born in the Draconis Combine's Rasalhague Military District, Gardner Riis joined the ComStar order during the Third Succession War. Thanks to his language skills, particularly in Swedish and Swedenese, Adept Riis would become a major linguist in ComStar's Language and Code Intelligence Division. Riis would catch the notice of Myndo Waterly as she laid the groundwork for Operation ROSEBUD, with the young linguist becoming a devoted follower of her aggressive and extremist views.  
Following Operation ROSEBUD and the formation of the Free Rasalhague Republic, the creation of the new realm required the selection of a Precentor to represent that new state in the First Circuit. Though technically the entire First Circuit was entitled to elect this representative, Waterly used the Capital Preference clause in ComStar law to state that it must be offered to Precentor in command of the capital world of that realm and that she had selected Gardner Riis as the new Precentor Rasalhague. Precentor Tharkad Ulthan Everson and Precentor New Avalon Huthrin Vandel argued that youthful Riis was too inexperienced for the First Circuit, but Waterly proceeded over their objections. Formally accepting the post in 3041, Riis' selection ensured that the political balance of the First Circuit tipped firmly in Primus Waterly's favor. 
In January 3052, Gardner Riis continued to hold the position of Precentor Rasalhague. During the Clan Invasion, Riis was instrumental in negotiations between the rapidly shrinking Republic and ComStar to secretly use the sleepy world of Tukayyid for a climatic confrontation between the Invading Clans toumans and ComStar's Com Guards.
Losing faith with Waterly in response to Operation SCORPION, Riis remained with the secular ComStar and continued to hold the position of advocate Precentor for the remaining worlds of the Free Rasalhague Republic. Riis also proposed Reformation Act IV, forming the new Stellar Relations department to send good-will ambassadors of Demi-Precentor or Precentor rank on tours of the Great House governments offering education, cultural and military exchanges.
Titles and Positions
| Succeeded by|
- Lost Destiny, C. 3
- ComStar, p. 67 "History of ComStar - The Waterly Era - Covert Operations - Rosebud"
- 20-Year Update, p. 45 "Free Rasalhague Republic - Revolt"
- 20-Year Update, p. 64 "ComStar - A New Stance"
- ComStar, p. 67 "History of ComStar - The Waterly Era - The Clan War - Counterattack"
- ComStar, p. 80 "New Orders - New ComStar - Organization"