Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
|X:Y Coordinates||-200.94 : -91.19[e]|
As part of ComStar's attempt to curtail the location and continued existence of Jardine, the system's name was at one point surreptitiously changed to Herakleion.
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2571 - Free Worlds League 
- 2596 - Free Worlds League 
- 2750 - Free Worlds League 
- 2765 - Free Worlds League 
- 2786 - Free Worlds League 
- 2822 - Free Worlds League 
- 2864 - No record 
- 3025 - No record 
- 3030 - No record 
- 3058 - No record 
- 3067 - No record 
- 3130 - No record 
- 3135 - No record 
- 3145 - No record 
Jardine was originally settled during the Terran Alliance era and by 2571 had been incorporated into the Free Worlds League as one of many autonomous worlds. It is located between Ideyld and Rexburg and vanished from maps during the 2nd Succession War.
At some point between the end of the Star League and the end of the 1st Succession War, it was renamed to Herakleion (or Herakleione) in a deliberate attempt to obfuscate Jardine's existence and location. The jungle world with its ethnically polynesian population was subsequently maintained by ComStar (or rather, a secret cabal within ComStar) and later the Word of Blake as one of their near-mythical Five Hidden Worlds. It was a dedicated center for cybertechnology and the world where the Manei Domini cyborg warriors were created and trained.
Jardine was re-discovered around 3067, but in the chaos of the Jihad the information was lost again. Thomas Halas eventually learned its location and sent an expedition; however according to a report dated 13 October 3070 they found the world destroyed, rendered uninhabitable by a traps volcano. This supervolcano had swallowed the world's single large settlement, the city of Hope, and was irrevocably destroying the planet's biosphere, destroying all traces of the Manei Domini operations.
- Twelfth Atrean Dragoons
|“|| Because the world was supposed to be "dead", it couldn't have much of an active defense network, to avoid casual discovery. Thus, Jardine's defense consisted of warning buoys and drone launcher satellites that only activated when specifically beamed a warning. Even the population centers were tightly controlled (which is why the planet has "Waywards"--people who live outside the city, but at a decidedly low-tech level). As it happens, the primary city--Hope--stood atop a supervolcano-sized pocket of magma, where it likely fed itself on the geo-thermal energy as much as anything else. From orbit, you'd have mistaken them for ruins....if you hadn't done something to trigger a drone attack, like Stevens did.
The real fun begins, of course, when one drops a half-megaton asteroid at relativistic speeds on that supervolcano. Gets a deeper impact that even a nuke can pull off quickly, liquifies Hope AND the surrounding Wayward communities, buries and/or incinerates all the hidden warehouses and bunkers storing surplus gear, and spews enough ash and smoke into the atmosphere to potentially send the rest of the planet into a mini-ice age. Jardine's ecosystem or feline analog mammals and rainforests will likely perish completely over the next few decades, and all that would be left for anyone to find would be on the continents and islands deliberately left to decay since the planet was initially erased from the maps in the First War.
- (It should be noted that these explanations are not technically canonical, as they were not posted in an official function or in the forum section reserved for canonical rulings and explanations. As such, this background information, which is not known within the BattleTech universe at large and was not explicitly given in any canonical source, may be invalidated or altered in the future.)
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 24, "Free Worlds League after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34, "Free Worlds League after First Succession War "
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 38, "Free Worlds League after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 42, "Free Worlds League after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 51, "Free Worlds League after Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 54, "Free Worlds League after Operation Guerrero "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 56, "Free Worlds League after FedCom Civil War "
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- The Hunt for Jardine
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 269 (sidebar report)
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 9, "Atrean Dragoons"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 138, "First Succession War Deployment Table - FWLM"
- In this thread, specifically here
- In his answer here to a question asked here