|Power Plant||240 XL Engine|
|Communications System||Vox 91|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Hunter 62B|
|Heat Sinks||20 Double Heat Sinks|
Developed in 3032 by Clan Ghost Bear, the Jengiz OmniFighter is one of the heaviest and fiercest fighters fielded by the Clans. While stirring up considerable interest among the other Clans, only Clan Wolf succeeded in the Trials of Possession to secure the design, with other Clans fielding examples captured from either the Wolves or Ghost Bears to replace the venerable Kirghiz as their main super-heavy fighter.
Because of its relatively poor maneuverability, the Jengiz has limited use in atmosphere, and is deployed mainly in near-space defense. In some cases its performance is worse than Inner Sphere fighters of similar mass, but pilots should be wary of misjudging the fighter, as it features thirteen and a half tons of Bruin Heavy Ferro-Aluminum armor, mounts a whopping twenty Double Heat Sinks on its base chassis, while still leaving 43.5 tons free in available pod space.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary Jengiz carries a formidable array of weaponry. An LB 10-X AC with a single ton of ammo, ER PPC, Medium Pulse and ER Small Laser are all crammed into the nose, while each wing mounts a Large and medium pulse laser supported by a standard SRM-6 with a single ton of reloads each. Firing into the aft arc is a rear-wing medium pulse laser, and an ECM suite interferes with the effects of advanced fire-control computers.
- Alt. Config. A
- A high-energy ground attack fighter, the A variant serves as an excellent strafing design. The twin ER PPCs in the nose, and the twin large pulse lasers under each wing, while seven additional double heat sinks allow repeated attack runs. An ER small laser fires aft to discourage tailing. BV (1.0) = 2,938, BV (2.0) = 3,206
- Alt. Config. B
- The relatively rare B variant is configured to engage targets at long range. Carrying a Gauss Rifle supported by two ER Medium Lasers in the nose, Jengiz B rounds out its long range firepower with an ER PPC and Artemis IV FCS equipped LRM-20 under each wing. A single ER small laser fends off attacks from the rear. Although three tons of Gauss reloads is sufficient for prolonged operations, a mere two tons of missiles severely hampers the LRM launchers' effectiveness, with pilots often jettisoning the LRM pods part way through a battle, improving the fighter's maneuverability slightly. BV (1.0) = 3,053, BV (2.0) = 3,558
- Alt. Config. C
- An unusually ammo-hungry variant, the C configuration is believed to have evolved from the tactics used by Clan Goliath Scorpion. A trio of nose mounted Streak SRM-6 launchers, supported by a mammoth LB 20-X AC under each wing, the C Variant offers incredible short-range firepower. Aft weaponry consists of a Streak SRM-4 and a single ER Small Laser. Despite being almost completely ammo dependent, a four ton autocannon munitions bay allows for both standard and cluster rounds, while each highly efficient Streak launcher includes their own separate single ton ammo bin and keeps the Jengiz C in the action during most Trials. BV (1.0) = 2,200, BV (2.0) = 2,246
- Alt. Config. D
- A recent variation, the Jengiz D features a mixture of short and long range weaponry. Twin Heavy Large Lasers and an Artemis enhanced LRM-20 are mounted in the nose, supported by a ER Large Laser, ER Medium and Streak SRM-6 launcher in each wing. While two tons each of LRM and Streak reloads keep the missile launchers firing, a single ER Small Laser wards the rear. BV (1.0) = 2,683, BV (2.0) = 2,941
- Alt. Config. E
- Introduced during the Jihad this Jengiz variant carries a nose-mounted ECM Suite to interfere with enemy electronics systems. Armament consists of three ER Large Lasers in each wing with a nose-mounted ER Small Laser as an afterthought. To discourage enemy pursuit, the Jengiz E carries a quartet of Improved One Shot Streak SRM-2 missile launchers in the aft arc. To disperse the heat from the main weapons, thirty six double heat sinks are mounted. BV (2.0) = 2,983
- Alt. Config. X
- Apparently a test-bed for experimental equipment the Jengiz-X configuration carries a Watchdog CEWS system. Three Rotary AC/5s (one in the nose and one in each wing) provide the main firepower, while an Improved Heavy Medium Laser is also mounted in each wing. Covering the rear arc is a standard ER Medium Laser. BV (2.0) = 3,166
- MUL online date for the Jengiz
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 194-195, "Jengiz OmniFighter Profile and BV listing"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 142
- Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 181
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 352
- Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 162-163, "Jengiz OmniFighter Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Revised, pp. 148-149, "Jengiz Fighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 143
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 353
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 144
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 354
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 145
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 355
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 356
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 357
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 213
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 358