- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Production Year||Introduction Year::2504|
|Communications System||Neil 2000|
|Targeting Tracking System||RCA Instatrac Mark IV|
The product of heavy government investment, the Koschei was the second BattleMech produced in the Capellan Confederation. Since the Confederation Defense Company was not interested in helping, Earthwerks and the Confederation invested in improving the infrastructure on Tikonov and recruiting local engineers. The first Koscheis were produced in 2504. Production of the 3I stopped in 2714 to make way for an improved variant. By the time of the Succession Wars there were few such 'Mechs on the battlefield.
In 3067, Tikonov returned to the Capellan Confederation. Earthwerks marked the occasion by reintroducing the Koschei, but the Xin Sheng movement left little room for a 'Mech designed with Slavic tastes in mind. As such, the 5I found acceptance with mercenary units.
The Koschei was a fast heavy 'Mech for its time, topping out at 86 km/h. Twelve tons of armor provide a high level of protection.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary weapon of the Koschei is an Imperator-B Autocannon/10. This low-heat weapon still has respectable range and firepower. It is backed up by Magna Mk II Medium Lasers. The standard allotment of heat sinks is almost thoroughly sufficient for the 'Mech.
- An upgraded version of the 3L, the 4L utilizes an Endo Steel structure and enhances the accuracy of the missile launcher with an Artemis IV Fire Control System. The remaining weight savings goes to upgrading the lasers to a Large and Medium Pulse Laser, respectively, while double heat sinks counter the increased heat. BV (2.0) = 1,503
- The 5I was introduced by Earthwerks in 3071, primarily for the mercenary market. It saves weight with an XL Engine, Endo Steel, and Light Ferro-Fibrous armor. Thirteen double heat sinks keep the heat build-up from a Heavy and a Snub-Nose PPC and five Extended Range Small Lasers under control. The machine also mounts jump jets and a Guardian ECM Suite. BV (2.0) = 1,945
- As part of the Trinity Alliance, the Magistracy of Canopus acquired plans for the Koschei in 3068. Majesty Metals and Manufacturing produces their variant on the 5I at Dunianshire. It removes the jump jets and weapons in favor of a different configuration. It hearkens back to the earlier versions with a Rotary Autocannon. ER lasers and a Snub-Nose PPC necessitates the addition of fourteenth heat sink. BV (2.0) = 1,748
- Initially produced on Dunianshire, the 6L uses a Sniper Artillery Cannon and a battery of 4 Medium Lasers. A Targeting Computer assists the lasers, and the two tons of ammunition for the artillery cannon are protected by an advanced CASE II system. The Triple Strength Myomer and Light Fusion Engine can propel this Koschei at speeds of up to 97.2 km/h, though 12 double heat sinks leave the machine running cool. BV (2.0) = 1,465
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 244-245, "Koschei Profile"
- Era Digest: Age of War, p. 11
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 230
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 142
- Koschei KSC-3L - Master Unit List
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 232
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 144
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 233
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 145
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 234
- Koschei KSC-5I - Master Unit List
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 235
- Koschei KSC-5MC - Master Unit List
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 236
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 148
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 144