|Manufacturer||Innovative Design Concepts|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Communications System||IDC Hailer B|
|Targeting Tracking System||IDC ScopeTrak I|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
A Solaris VII BattleMech, the Longshot was introduced to the featherweight fight circuit in the early 3050's. Though it was quick and agile, MechWarriors were not impressed with it when it arrived. The fact that it carried a Narc Missile Beacon instead of some heavier weaponry was useful in team matches and grand melees, but in the one-on-one duels that were popular the Narc was a liability. Responding to this and other complaints, Innovative Design Concepts introduced the LST-2. This version uses several experimental systems to improve performance. The most interesting of these is Reactive Armor, which reduces the effects of missile weapons.
Weapons and Equipment
The Longshot's main armament are its dual TharHes Maxi SRM-6 launchers with Artemis IV fire control system backed up by a pair of IDC Medium X-Pulse Lasers. At close range it is protected by a pair of IDC Small X-Pulse Lasers.
- This variant upgrades the XL engine to the even lighter XXL engine. It carries a pair of ER Small Lasers in place of the Small X-Pulse Lasers. It is also equipped with a NARC beacon system. To make room for the Narc, this version drops the Artemis IV FCS from the SRM racks. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 985
- MUL online date for the Longshot
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 230
- Solaris VII: The Game World 'Mech record sheets, p. 14
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 229
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 231
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 232
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 233