- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Novy Minsk Armaments Plant|
|Engine||New Kent Type 21 Fusion 240|
|Communications System||Mercer 971|
|Targeting Tracking System||GEG Pattern 491/6|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Pryzhok WM 10|
The Matador was designed by Clan Steel Viper before the creation of the OmniMech. A serious knife fighter, it carries a dazzling array of short-range weaponry that makes the design brutally effective in an urban environment. Adding to this is its deliberately imposing design, with thick, angular plates of armor. Though the Matador is slow for a 'Mech its size, it does make use of jump jets that allow it to jump up to 120 meters. A hefty twelve tons of armor ensures that those armor slabs are not just for show.
Weapons and Equipment
Four Series XII Rotary Machine Guns and two Chi Series Small Pulse Lasers provide a barrage of anti-infantry fire, while two Series 2b Extended Range Medium Lasers and three Lambda Medium Pulse Lasers provide it with short- to medium-range fire. Finally, ten short-range missiles courtesy of a Pattern J6 Streak SRM-6 and a Pattern JX Streak SRM-4 can make short work of any weaknesses exposed in any enemy 'Mech's armor. While a MechWarrior must carefully manage heat levels, the restrictive terrain in which the Matador excels usually allows opportunities to disengage and cool off.
- Matador 2
- Developed during the Jihad in 3069, the Matador 2 is an updated version of the original design. The variant's principle long-range weapon is its torso mounted 9-Tubed ATM Launcher, with three tons of ammunition. For close-range fighting, the 'Mech has been given three Heavy Medium Lasers mounted in the left arm. For anti-infantry combat, it has a trio of AP Gauss Rifles in its right arm. BV (2.0) = 1,728
- MUL online date for the Matador
- Combat Operations, p. 118
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 163
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 164-165, "Matador 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 248
- Master Unit List, "Matador introduction dates"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 249, "Jihad era update to the Matador".