|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
One of the oldest Combine units, the Proserpina Hussars are legendary for their hit and run attacks. The unit also has a close relationship with the University of Proserpina, with a large number of officers alumni of that center of learning.
The Proserpina Hussars grew out of a tank division that fought for Shiro Kurita even before the Draconis Combine existed.
In the wake of the Jihad as the DCMS rebuilt from the losses taken, the Proserpina Hussars found themselves falling somewhere between the second and third tier of units when it came to replacements and supplies. Because of the smaller size of the Hussars' brigade compared to the Regulars, the Hussars found themselves a lower priority for rebuilding than the Regulars, but were accorded considerably more support than the Ghost Regiments or the Legions of Vega.
Units of the Proserpina Hussars
- 1st Proserpina Hussars - (Destroyed and struck from DCMS roster for supporting the Kokuryu-kai))
- 2nd Proserpina Hussars
- 3rd Proserpina Hussars - (Redesignated and reorganized as the 3rd Pesht Regulars)
- 4th Proserpina Hussars - (Destroyed)
Color Scheme and Insignia
- A Time of War Companion, p. 120, "Blood Limpet profile"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 88, "...And Threats Without"