(References to Saonara)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: -171.17 Y: -313.35[e]
 Planetary Garrison
 Owner History
- 2571 - No record 
- 2577 - Free Worlds League 
- 2578 - Free Worlds League 
- 2596 - Free Worlds League 
- 2750 - Free Worlds League 
- 2765 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League
- 3030 - Free Worlds League
- 3040 - Free Worlds League
- 3052 - Free Worlds League
- 3057 - Free Worlds League
- 3062 - Free Worlds League
- 3130 - Independent 
 Planetary History
During the Reunification War, the world of Saonara was used as a Star League Defense Force staging post and supply cache for the SLDF task force invading the Magistracy of Canopus. As a world in the rear area, Soanara was assumed to be safe from threats when the invasion of the Magistracy began in 2577; the Magistracy Armed Forces would disprove this theory in early 2578.
Intelligence received by the commander of the MAF, Colonel Adam Buquoy, indicated that the second-line troops acting as garrisons on various supply worlds throughout the border region of the Free Worlds League were ill-prepared for any attack and that where plans for the defence of supply worlds existed, they weren't being practised. Buquoy acted decisively on this information; in addition to personally leading four mercenary units against the important supply world of Meadowvale, he dispatched units to strike at three other supply and staging worlds - Ayn Tarma, Granera and Saonara.
Saonara was successfully raided by the 1st Canopian Light Horse, and the attacks on the various supply and staging worlds attack were another shocking surprise for the SLDF task force, coming hot on the heels of the Canopian naval ambush at Vakarel and the rapid redeployments that had bloodied VII Corps on Cranston. While the loss of the supplies was a major blow to the SLDF operations, more damaging was the knowledge that the theatre of operations was no longer confined to the Magistracy itself and highlighted that the SLDF would need to defend rear areas previously considered safe. This again forced a change in the SLDF strategy, with the SLDF commander, Captain-General Marion Marik ordering a temporary cessation of hostilities while supply routes were reorganised, escorts arranged and garrisons bolstered. The raids also bought the MAF six months to rebuild and rearm.
After the Reunification War, Saonara developed from being a military staging post into a fully-fledged colony world.
 Nearby Systems
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Historical: Reunification War, p. 148, "Magistracy Of Canopus Front(Jump-Off - 2582)"
- ↑ Handbook: House Marik, p. 24, "Free Worlds League after Age of War "
- ↑ Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 93, "Magistracy of Canopus after Age of War  and fall of the Star League "
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 94, "Reunification War: Magistracy of Canopus Front Deployments (2577)"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Historical: Reunification War, p. 99, "Meadowvale (January 2578)"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 150, "Magistracy Of Canopus Front(Jump-Off - 2582)"