|Chassis||Hellespont Type T Endo Steel|
|Armor||Hellespont Lite Stealth Armor|
|Engine||VOX 280 XL|
|Communications System||Ceres Metals Model 666 with Guardian ECM Suite|
Based on the Raven BattleMech, the Sha Yu, or "Shark", is one of the first 'Mechs to incorporate the Stealth Armor developed by the Capellan Confederation. The Sha Yu is built on a lightweight Hellespont Type T Endo Steel and is powered by a VOX 280 XL engine that gives the Sha Yu an impressive top speed of 118.8 km/h. The Sha Yu is protected by six and a half tons of Hellespont Lite Stealth Armor, making the 'Mech extremely difficult to hit. The Sha Yu also carries a Guardian ECM Suite as part of its stealth armor in order to protect itself from enemy electronic warfare systems.
The Sha Yu is armed with a basic, yet effective, energy weapons based payload. For long range combat, the 'Mech has two Martell ER Large Lasers, providing good long range firepower. These are backed up by a pair of Diverse Optics Type ER Medium Lasers for close combat. Finally, for added lethality, the Sha Yu carries a TAG target designator allowing it to call in accurate Arrow IV artillery missile attacks on a target.
- Modified for close range brawling, the 4B variant of the Sha Yu completely reconfigures the 'Mech to optimize it for use as a close combat brawler in a C3 lance. The ER Large Lasers have been dropped in favor of a single LRM-5 launcher for long range sparring. Finally, for close combat, the 'Mech has three Medium Pulse Lasers and also has a C3 Slave unit added to the 'Mech to allow it to be used in C3 lances. BV (1.0) = 962, BV (2.0) = 1,348
 Custom Variants
- SYU-2B Sha Yu Bulldog
- Used by the Youling Zhanshi MechWarrior Russel Murphy, this Sha Yu replaces the extended range lasers with standard versions. The resulting drop in heat from this weapon trade has also allowed Murphy to remove a heat sink. The TAG system is also gone. All these missing systems were replaced by additional Stealth Armor. BV (2.0) = 1,419
- ↑ MUL online date for the Sha Yu
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Combat Operations, p. 123
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 91
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 92
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 93
- ↑ BattleTech Dossiers: Youling Zhanshi, p. 17