|Shoden Assault Vehicle|
|Communications System||Build 1685/5 Tacticom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series XXVIII IWS|
After the Combine-Ghost Bear War, Nova Cat Khan Santin West ordered the scientist caste to come up with a new combat vehicle specially suited to defensive missions. Despite the "assault vehicle" appellation, the Shoden was produced to fill that void. In respect to the Draconis Combine, the Cats named their new vehicle "Shoden," after the god of wisdom from Japanese folklore.
In fitting with its defensive mission, the Shoden carries a hefty eleven and a half tons of armor. It can only manage a sedate 64 km/h, though this is because enemies are supposed to be coming towards it. The use of a wheeled chassis enables the engine's power to be utilized more efficiently, though it does restrict the types of terrain the vehicle can traverse.
Weapons and Equipment
The core of the Shoden is a trio of turret-mounted Type 9 Series 1 ATM 9 launchers. Nine tons of ammunition allows them to utilize all the types of munitions that makes the ATM system so flexible. Four Series 2c Light Machine Guns protect the tank from unarmored infantry. Two are mounted in the front while one protects each side.
- Streak SRM
- More ammunition efficient, this variant of the Shoden replaces two ATM launchers, their ammo bins, and the two front-mounted machine guns for four Streak SRM-6s. The Streak launchers are mounted in the turret to provide them the best possible field of fire. BV (1.0) = 1,068, BV (2.0) = 1,425
- MUL online date for the Shoden
- Combat Operations, p. 116
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 51
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 36-37, "Shoden Vehicle Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3067, p. 17
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 53
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 52