- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Shoden Assault Vehicle|
|Communications System||Build 1685/5 Tacticom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series XXVIII IWS|
After the Combine-Ghost Bear War, Nova Cat Khan Santin West ordered the scientist caste to come up with a new combat vehicle specially suited to defensive missions. Despite the "assault vehicle" appellation, the Shoden was produced to fill that void. In respect to the Draconis Combine, the Cats named their new vehicle "Shoden," after the god of wisdom from Japanese folklore.
In fitting with its defensive mission, the Shoden carries a hefty eleven and a half tons of armor. It can only manage a sedate 64 km/h, though this is because enemies are supposed to be coming towards it. The use of a wheeled chassis enables the engine's power to be utilized more efficiently, though it does restrict the types of terrain the vehicle can traverse.
Weapons and Equipment
The core of the Shoden is a trio of turret-mounted Type 9 Series 1 ATM 9 launchers. Nine tons of ammunition allows them to utilize all the types of munitions that makes the ATM system so flexible. Four Series 2c Light Machine Guns protect the tank from unarmored infantry. Two are mounted in the front while one protects each side.
- Introduced in 3068 and more ammunition efficient, this variant of the Shoden replaces two ATM launchers, their ammo bins, and the two front-mounted machine guns for four Streak SRM-6s. The Streak launchers are mounted in the turret to provide them the best possible field of fire. BV (1.0) = 1,068, BV (2.0) = 1,425
- This variant of the Shoden developed in 3073 carries a single LB 10-X, and a pair of ER Medium Lasers and SRM-4 launchers in the turret. To provide more anti-infantry support, the Shoden carries four AP Gauss Rifles on the front, while the sides and rear each have two AP Gauss Rifles. BV (2.0) = 1,314
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 36-37, "Shoden Assault Vehicle"
- MUL online entry for the Shoden
- Combat Operations, p. 116
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 51
- MUL online entry for the Shoden (Streak) variant
- Record Sheets: 3067, p. 17
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 53
- MUL online entry for the Shoden (LB-X) variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 52