- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Ceres Metals Industries|
|Armor||Starshield with CASE|
|Engine||VOX 225 XL|
|Communications System||CeresCom Model 21-Rs|
|Jump Jets||Anderson Propulsion 30|
The Snake is a 'Mech that was built under the aegis of an Elemental hunter. With the power of hindsight though the Snake is clearly designed to hunt Inner Sphere Battle Armor suits. The 'Mech is built using a Vox 225 XL Engine to move at a top speed of 86.4 kph. The Snake also has a jumping capability of one hundred and fifty meters making it capable of outmaneuvering any battle armor suit and also keeping it on par with most medium 'Mechs. The Snake is also armored with seven tons of armor and uses double heat sinks to cool the 'Mech's excess heat.
Weapons and Equipment
The Snake's primary weapon is a Mydron Excel LB-X Autocannon/10 which can fire both standard rounds as well as firing cluster rounds which act like 'Mech sized shotgun shells. The 'Mech is also armed with three Hovertec Streak SRM-2s which are highly effective in finding weak spots in an enemy's armor or against Inner Sphere battle armor.
- This refit of the 2B variant replaces the standard autocannon with a pair of Plasma Rifles. Though amazingly effective against battle armor, the Plasma Rifles can quickly run out of ammunition. Like many other newly manufactured machines the variant contains Stealth armor for better protection. BV (2.0) = 1,603
- SNK-1V Snake Alexi
- A customized variant produced for House Marik MechWarrior Alexi Danisov. During Operation Guerrero, his Liao-built Snake was always running out of ammunition. With ammunition scarce, Alexi had his BattleMech's LB-X 10 Class Autocannon replaced with a pair of Large Lasers. The 'Mech performed well, and Alexi retained these weapons and upgraded the lasers to Extended Range Models. BV (1.0)= 1,170
- SNK-1V Snake Arthur
- Used by the commander of Youling Zhanshi, the Snake Arthur is equipped with Stealth Armor and Guardian ECM Suite, while an Anti-Missile System destroys incoming fire. The standard weapons have been replaced by an ER PPC and LRM-5. Thirteen double heat sinks keep the Mech cool, while a MASC system allows Arthur to put on bursts of speed. The lack of weapons might be an issue for some pilots, but this Snake variant is used as a command 'Mech, so it's not a problem for Arthur. BV (2.0) = 1,477
- MUL online date for the Snake
- Combat Operations, p. 123
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 46
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 47
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 72
- Record Sheets: Unique 'Mechs p. 4 - Snake Alexi - Custom Variant published by BattleCorps website.
- BattleTech Dossiers: Youling Zhanshi, p. 4
- BattleTech Dossiers: Youling Zhanshi, p. 18
- Combat Operations
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrade
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Record Sheets: Unique 'Mechs
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3085
- BattleTech Dossiers: Youling Zhanshi