|Manufacturer||Eagle Craft Group|
|Chassis||Olivetti T4 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound Beta FF|
|Engine||Magna 350 XL|
|Communications System||Model J-D 067|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hawkeye 58|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double Heat Sinks|
The Thor II is a Heavy Class Clan OmniMech which was first produced by Clan Jade Falcon during the early years of the thirty-second century. Initially produced by the Eagle Craft Group on Erewhon in the Inner Sphere, the Thor II (also known by the Clan as the Grand Summoner) proved to be a highly reliable replacement for the original Thor OmniMech. The design would soon be traded among other Inner Sphere Clans and became popular among their Warrior castes.
One of the 'Mech's most noted actions was during Clan Wolf's Trial of Possession for then Clan Diamond Shark's entire Swimmer Khanate’s Beta Aimag. The flotilla’s commanders were able to bid down the Clan Wolf commander to a Cluster’s worth of forces on the world of Feltre. The Thor II's performance in the hands of Diamond Shark MechWarriors in this difficult terrain helped to turn the tide of battle and resulted in winning the Trial.
Clan Jade Falcon first produced the Thor II as a distinct symbol of honor. This 'Mech is painted yearly in the parade scheme of a unit chosen by the Clan's Khan as part of tradition of honoring Clusters who had performed services honoring the Clan.
Weapons and Equipment
The Thor II shares some similarities to its predecessor, sharing the same size XL Fusion Engine, and physical appearance. What differs from the older design is its Pod Capacity; the Thor II has a 30.5 ton capacity over the older model's 22.5. This increase of capacity comes from the reshuffling of the 'Mech's internal components and dropping the original's permanently-mounted Jump Jets from the design. The Thor II's armor protection is slightly greater than the original, with half a ton more.
The Prime Configuration long-range firepower comes from its side-torso-mounted 15-Tubed Long-Range Missile Launcher and pair of arm-mounted Class 5 Ultra Autocannons. Their ammunition is kept where these weapons are housed, with single ton per Autocannon and two tons for the missile launcher. In intermediate and close ranges, the Thor II's full arsenal — including its four Extended Range Medium Lasers — can be brought to bear on a target with a minimum of overheating concerns (except when its Jump Jets are in use).
- Alt. Config. A
- Similar to the original Thor's Prime Configuration, this arrangement of weaponry comes with of pair of side-torso LRM Launchers; large 15-tubed and a smaller 5-tubed model. Found in the Configuration's arms is a LB 10-X Class Autocannon and Extended Range Particle Projection Cannon, found in left and right arm actuators respectively. Also equipped in the Configuration is Five Jump Jets for tactical mobility. BV(2.0)=2,473
- Alt. Config. B
- The heavy missile-laden configuration, the B Config's principal weaponry is a pair of arm mounted 15-tubed LRM Launchers with 3 tons of ammo per launcher in same location. A pair of smaller side torso 5-tubed LRMs, with mix sized Advanced Missile Launchers, 9 and 6 is found in the left torso exclusively. The design's only energy weapons are pair of ER Small Lasers found inside torsos. BV(2.0)=2,354
- Alt. Config. C
- The C Configuration is a Brawler, armed with close-in and hard hitting weaponry which is reminiscent of the original Thor's C Configuration. The Configuration's main gun is a left-torso Ultra Class 20 Autocannon with 3 tons of ammunition split between each of its side torsos. Its other weaponry includes: a pair of arm mounted Large Pulse Lasers, a 4-tubed Streak SRM Launcher, and a Flamer. BV(2.0)=2,351
- Alt. Config. D
- Armed with mainly energy weaponry and a single missile launcher, this configuration again takes a page from the older model's configuration by the same name. In the arms is pair of ER Large Lasers and ER Mediums Lasers tied into a Targeting Computer. The left torso is home of the 15-tubed LRM launcher and its two tons of ammunition. Eight additional Double Heat Sinks and five Jump Jets round out the equipment for this configuration equipment. BV(2.0)= 2,878
The Thor II has the following Design Quirk:
The Thor II visual likeness was first created by Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable Miniatures game as a part of its Fire for Effect expansion set. When it first appeared, it was originally listed as the Thor. The figure (different from original BattleTech version) was used for both regular units and the game's unique figures. It was later adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined in the tabletop game once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145. The computer game MechWarrior 4 had a visually similar Thor as well.
- MUL Profile for Thor II - Intro Year
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp.44-45 & 102 Thor II - BV2
- MUL Profile of the Thor II Prime - BV2 and Introduction Date.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 458
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp.44-45 & 102 Thor II - Background.
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp.44-45 & 102 Thor II - Prime's Stats and chassis's abilities
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp.44-45 & 103 Thor II A - Configuration
- MUL Profile of the Thor II A - BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 459
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp.44-45 & 104 Thor II B - Configuration
- MUL Profile of the Thor II B - BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 460
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp.44-45 & 105 Thor II C - Configuration
- MUL Profile of the Thor II C - BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 461
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp.44-45 & 106 Thor II D - Configuration
- MUL Profile of the Thor II D - BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 462