- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Union-X ("Extended Union)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Max Thrust||2.5 g|
|Fuel (tons)||200 tons|
|Fuel (days)||108.7 days|
|Armament|| 2 x Gauss Rifles|
4 x Ultra AC/5s
6 x LRM-20s w/ Artemis IV
6 x ER PPCs
10 x ER Large Lasers
14 x ER Medium Lasers
|Armor||38.5 tons of Ferro-Aluminum|
|Crew||3 officers, 5 enlisted/non-rated, 7 gunners, 54 bay personnel|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||5/0|
|Heat Sinks||120 (double)|
Called the "Extended Union", abbreviated Union-X, this evolution of the classic 3,600 ton Union-class DropShip was developed in 3065 as part of a diversification effort by Shipil Company of Skye. It is slightly heavier and larger than its parent design, and features a slightly different carrying capacity.
Unsurprisingly, the Union-X's revised weapons suite is reminiscent of the classic Union, though more powerful due to its higher technology base. It consists of six ER PPCs, two Gauss Rifles, six Artemis IV-enhanced LRM-20's, ten ER Large Lasers, fourteen ER Medium Lasers, and four Ultra AC/5s.
Compared to its parent design, the Union-X removes four 'Mech cubicles in favor of two additional fighters and berths for five squads of Battle Armor troops. Its total carrying capacity is thus 4 aerospace fighters, 8 'Mechs, 5 squads of battle armor troops, and 281 tons of cargo (supplies).
The Union-X specs were upgraded in 3071, during the Jihad. This version of the Union-X removes the Ultra AC/5s, four ER Medium Lasers, and four ER Large Lasers. In their place are four Heavy Gauss Rifles, four Anti-Missile Systems, and two Heavy PPCs. The ships have also had their cargo arrangements altered again, carrying four AeroSpace Fighters, four 'Mechs, four heavy combat vehicles, and twelve squads of battle armor. The ship can also carry 315 tons of supplies and ammunition. BV (2.0) = 9,300
- Union - The Union-X is based on the venerable Union. Through that classic parent design it is also loosely related to other derivative designs such as the Danais/Trojan and the Union-C.
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 176
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 226
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 303
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 304