- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Confederation Defense Corporation|
Bell Refit Yards
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Armor||Ceres Shield 2.2|
|Communications System||Zenith Sqwak Box 4|
|Targeting Tracking System||Maul Missile Track|
|Jump Jets||Anderson Propulsion 12|
Originally designated the "Weapon-Armed 'Mech-Alpha", the first generation BattleMech produced by the Capellan Confederation in 2483 was widely known for its use of Inferno missiles. After eleven years of service, a second generation model began production on Boardwalk, and observers noted that this second-generation version was not a "WAM-B", but a "Fire-B" prompting the BattleMech to be re-designated as the FRB-1E Firebee.
The Firebee has a top speed of 86 km/h, fast for a light 'Mech of its day. It was also quite maneuverable, with enough jump jets to leap 150 meters in the air. Six tons of armor provides significant protection for such a small machine.
Weapons and Equipment
The 2E Firebee mounts a Star Cutter 80cm Large Laser, giving it respectable firepower. Up close, four Maui Crossbow SRM-2 launcher can unleash eight missiles. Whether it is using Inferno rounds or not, something that its two tons of ammunition allows MechWarriors to utilize on a regular basis, the Firebee is a potent anti-vehicle platform.
- The original Firebee used a single LRM-5 backed up by a trio of SRM-2s. The Primitive Engine provided a top speed of 85 km/h, more than enough to engage armored vehicles and infantry, and supporting heavier units. The lack of jump jets, combined with six and a half tons of Primitive Armor, forced pilots to pay attention to the terrain to insure they could move effectively. BV (2.0) = 452
- Two Firebees leftover from the Age of War were upgraded in 3071 when Sun-Tzu Liao revealed that he had survived the WarShip bombardment of Sian. They are protected by Stealth Armor and the requisite Guardian ECM Suite. Trading on the 'Mech's name, the Large Laser is replaced with a Plasma Rifle and the SRMs gave way to a multi-missile launcher. BV (2.0) = 1,067
- Yinghuochong - A 32nd century scout killer built around an updated version of the Firebee's chassis, the Yinghuochong mounts advanced recon equipment and carries as its sole weapon a fearsome Clantech ER PPC. 
- Difficult to Maintain
- Extended Torso Twist
- Non-Standard Parts
- Poor Workmanship
- Weak Legs
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 7
- MUL online date for the Firebee
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 3
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 242-243, "Firebee Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 227
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 140
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 228
- Master Unit List, "Firebee introduction dates"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 229
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 141
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p.30 "Yinghuochong"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 4