- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Shengli Arms |
Ceres Metal Industries
|Chassis||Chariot Type II Endo Steel|
|Engine||Hermes 360 XL|
|Communications System||Dian-bao Comms, Standard|
|Jump Jets||Rodan 90|
The Yu Huang, named for the Jade Emperor that rules the Heavenly Court in the ancient Chinese pantheon, debuted with the promise from Sun-Tzu Liao that "it shall sit in judgment over a battlefield, meting out justice to those who would transgress against us". To live up to the promise of the Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation, the Yu Huang carries some of the most advanced technologies available at the time of its initial production. The Yu Huang is built on a Chariot Type II Endo Steel chassis and carries a Hermes 360 XL engine that gives the 'Mech a top speed of 64.8 km/h. The 'Mech is capable of jumping up to one hundred and twenty meters with its four Rodan 90 jump jets. The Yu Huang has thirteen double heat sinks to handle its heat load and also has seventeen tons of Star Shell armor, providing the 'Mech with excellent protection.
Production of the Yu Huang would cease in December 3068 when the Olson's Rangers mercenary unit irreversibly destroyed its production lines. In response to the large number of active Assault 'Mech lines and the horrific losses that the CCAF's Light 'Mech forces sustained during the Jihad, rather than rebuild the lost line Shengli instead focused on creating and building the Dola in the same chambers that once housed the Yu Huang’s assembly area.  Following the loss of Shengli in 3105, Ceres Metal Industries purchased the company's remaining assets and converted their Ostroc line on Capella to produce the Confederation's trademark command 'Mech. These new Ceres-manufactured Yun Haungs are instantly recognizable by the elaborate head crest added by the Ceres engineers.
Weapons and Equipment
The Yu Huang is armed with a mix of weapons that make it capable of engaging an enemy at a variety of ranges. The primary long-range weapon is a Ceres Arms Warrior ER PPC which is backed up by an Irian Weapons Works Class 10 LRM-10 launcher, making the Yu Huang capable of providing indirect fire support. For close combat, the Yu Huang has two Ceres Arms Medium Lasers, a Ceres Arms Model W Medium Pulse Laser, and a Mydron Excel LB-X Autocannon/20 capable of using both standard and cluster rounds, making the 'Mech extremely powerful in close combat.
- Based on the original 9G, this variant was produced during the Jihad. The 'Mech's long-range weaponry included an LRM-10 launcher with 1 ton of ammunition and a standard Large Laser fitted in the left arm. The 'Mech's close-in weaponry included an Class 20 Ultra Autocannon with 3 tons of ammunition and three standard Medium Lasers. BV (2.0) = 2,039
- Developed during the 3060s, this model was designed to take on the role of a command unit. To that end, the 'Mech is equipped with a C3 Master Computer in its left torso. The ER PPC and the LB-X 20 Autocannon from the original version are retained, and three tons of ammunition ensure it can remain in the field for long periods. Two Medium Pulse Lasers and a standard medium laser round out the 'Mech's weaponry. BV (2.0) = 2,017
- The H10G variant is designed to directly engage an enemy at short ranges. The 10G removes all of the 'Mechs weapons. Instead, it carries a powerful Gauss Rifle for long range combat. This is supported by an ER Large Laser for additional long range firepower. For close combat, the 10G has six ER Medium Lasers and also carries a Guardian ECM Suite and a Beagle Active Probe to both protect the 'Mech from advanced enemy electronics systems and find hidden enemy units to prevent ambushes. BV (1.0) = 2,132, BV 2,433
- This variant was introduced during the throes of the Jihad. The H-11 is armed with a pair of Plasma Rifles, one in each arm, with four tons of ammunition feeding from the center torso. An 5-Tubed Multi-Missile Launchers is mounted in each of the side torsos, with 2 tons of CASE protected ammunition for each launcher. The left arm mounts the 'Mech's energy weapons, which consists of two standard Medium Lasers and a single Medium Pulse Laser. BV (2.0) = 2,131
- MUL online date for the Yu Huang
- Combat Operations, p. 123
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 227
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 185 - BV2 for original model of the Yu Huang 'mech.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 96 "DOL-1A1 Dola"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 28 "Capellan Confederation - State of Readiness - Capella Commonality"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 186 - AC/20 variant of the Yu Huang from the RS3060 Unabridged.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 186 - The AC/20 variant of the Yu Huang from the RS3060 Unabridged.
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 228
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 188 - Record Sheet of Yu Huang's Y-H10G variant with BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 189 - Y-H11G variant of the Yu Huang from the Jihad era.
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 224
- Dark Age Turning Points: Liao, p. 27 - Record sheet of Carson Reeve's Yu Huang.
- Combat Operations
- Field Manual: 3145
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3150
- Dark Age Turning Points: Liao
- MWDA Era's McCarron’s Armored Cavalry Jacyn Bell's Dossier
- MWDA Era's Capellan Confederation Andrezej Czupek's dossier
- Technical Readout: Prototypes