Medium X-Pulse Laser
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|X-Pulse Medium Laser|
|Type||Energy (Direct Fire)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||N/A|
X-Pulse Lasers were an attempt by Inner Sphere technicians to increase the range of Pulse Lasers to compete with the longer ranges of similar Clan models. X-Pulse lasers are not an entirely new weapon per se, but rather an upgrade that is separately added to the weapon for an additional cost. X-Pulse lasers also build up tremendous amounts of heat, but this has been considered by technicians as a necessary drawback. This weapon is currently still in its prototype stages.
Like their standard pulse counterparts, Medium X-Pulse Lasers are the workhorse of the X-Pulse lasers series, and though they build large amounts of extra heat, they boast the same range as a standard Medium Laser. They also offer the improved targeting of the standard Pulse laser.
The Medium X-Pulse Laser is manufactured on the following planets:
|Diverse Optics Type 25PX||New Samarkand||Luthien Armor Works||???|||
|Ceres Arms Model X||Capella||Ceres Metals Industries||???|||
|ExoStar||Axton||Wangker Aerospace||???|||
|Defiance X5M||Skye||Shipil Company||???|||
The Medium X-Pulse Laser has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- "Tactical Operations, p. 409, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 408, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 320, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table [Addendum]"
- Maximum Tech, Revised, p. 82, "X-Pulse Laser"
- Tactical Operations, p. 321, "X-Pulse Laser"