184th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|184th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||V Corps|
The 184th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the 184th was a part of V Corps within the Eleventh Army and was assigned to District 1 of the Lyran Commonwealth Military Region. The 184th was subsequently transferred to District 3 by 2765 in response to the Periphery Uprising. The 184th survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, but despite the fate of the 184th being regarded as unknown for several centuries after the fall of the Star League, subsequent publications released in the thirty-first and thirty-second centuries revealed that the 184th almost certainly survived the Hegemony campaign and remained in the Inner Sphere, joining Major General Lauren Hayes and the other SLDF units who chose to join ComStar in support of Jerome Blake. The 184th is believed to have formed the basis of the "mercenaries" used to create the Fourth ComStar Expeditionary Division in 2784. Following Operation SILVER SHIELD in June 2788, in which ComStar's Expeditionary Divisions seized control of Terra, the vast majority of the Expeditionary Divisions were demobilized and their equipment cached for the future, forming the basis of the later Com Guard.
|Commanding Officers of the 184th Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- The Star League, p. 144, "Eleventh"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 117, "ComStar and the Com Guard"
- The Star League, p. 133