1st Donegal Jaegers
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|1st Donegal Jaegers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Parent Formation||Alliance Jaegers|
The Donegal Jaegers were founded along the other Alliance Jaeger regiments, siphoning material from the Alliance Guards as needed. This regiment captured the adulation of their home province, and with local financing, grew from a battalion to a regiment in a mere 20 months. The Donegal Jaegers were granted regular status at the end of 3062 after extensive wargames with the 24th Lyran Guards.
FedCom Civil War
The regiment saw only minimal action over the course of the war. They were pinned down by the 25th Arcturan Guards and prevented from participating in the battle of Tharkad. Rather than fight the 25th Arcturan Guards, the First persuaded them to accept a truce. As a result, the unit was nearly at its full strength at the end of the war.
The Word of Blake launched a raid on Donegal between the 14th and 17th of March 3068 that featured support from Blakist WarShips or Pocket WarShips. The WoB deployed the Blake's Redemption, a Vincent-class corvette that with precise marksmanship with its capital ship weapons and a few nuclear devices was able to reduce to rubble in less than two days Nashan Diversified's and Lockheed/CBM's complexes, and all key infrastructures and landmarks of the planet's major cities despite a fervent resistance by the 1st Donegal Jaegers aerospace wing. After that the ship went silent though still in orbit.
In February 3070, the Word dropped the Second Division on Donegal. Having already hidden several Level IIs, the 1st Donegal Jaegers lasted for one week after surrendering, with the Ian McQuiston trying to escort a relief force to the planet but suffering heavy damage in the failed attempt. The Donegal Jaegers were destroyed on their homeworld.
In 3083 the LCAF High Command rebuilt the unit by splitting the 25th Arcturan Guards in half. The First Donegal Jaegers then spent the next two years training with and against the 7th Donegal Guards.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Donegal Jaegers|
|Colonel||Amy Smith||3062 - 3067|
The Donegal Jaegers are adept at urban defense. In addition, their infantry detachment has undergone unusual training in zero-gravity operations.
3062 to 3067
First Donegal Jaegers (1 Combined Arms Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
CO: Colonel Amy Smith
Aide: Leutnant Colonel Tim Hewitt
- The 1st includes five BattleMech companies, two Armor companies, and 2 Infantry companies.
First Donegal Jaegers (Regular/Reliable)
CO: Colonel Bamir Taylor
First Donegal Jaegers Air Wing (Veteran/Fanatical)
CO: Kaptain Erminigild Hult
The unit's colors are white, with a checked pattern on the left side of vehicles and BattleMechs.
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 52, "1st Donegal Jaegers Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 167, "1st Donegal Jaegers"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 178, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- Total Chaos, p. 110-112, "DONEGAL"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 9
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 98
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 103
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 108, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3085"