7th Sainze Honor Guard Striker (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|7th Sainze Honor Guard Striker Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3071)|
|Parent Formation||Kindraa Sainze|
The Seventh Sainze Honor Guard Striker has existed since the founding of the Kindraa.
In late 3068 the Seventh was part of a force that attacked Niles along with warriors from Kindraa Mick-Kreese-Kline. They gained safcon and issued a batchall for the industrial facility of Industriplex Upsilon. This was defended by the Horses' Eta Galaxy who used the complex's heavy defenses to good use, only a surprise flanking maneuver by the Seventh breached the Horses' line to take the facility. Two weeks later in January 3069 the Horses' Beta Galaxy counter attacked and in a swift action defeated the defending Fire Mandrills. Refusing to call in reinforcements the Seventh and the Third Honor Guard Battle fought on in a meat-grinder of a battle that they eventually won. The eventual counter attack overwhelmed the Seventh, although the bulk of the Mandrill on planet escaped.
When Scorpion Khan Ariel Suvorov declared a Trial of Refusal against Garret Sainze's election as ilKhan in February 3071, Sainze met Suvorov's forces on Shadow. In a three-day campaign four Clusters from his Kindraa battled a like number of Goliath Scorpions; by the end of the fighting Sainze had perished, along with most of his warriors. Not all of the Clusters involved are recorded, but as a front line unit it is highly likely the Seventh was part of this force and was destroyed.
|Commanding Officers of the 7th Sainze Honor Guard Striker|
|Star Colonel||Enraku Sainze||3059|
|Star Colonel||Hampton Schroeder||3067|
Seventh Sainze Honor Guard Striker 
The unit gains +1 to initiative when they are the attacker.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 46, "Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 76, "Clan Fire Mandrill"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 37, "Politics and Problems"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 63-64
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 64, 191
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 174