7th Syrtis Fusiliers
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Seventh Syrtis Fusiliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2821)|
|Parent Formation||Syrtis Fusiliers|
|Formed||Age of War|
The Seventh Syrtis Fusiliers can trace its origins back to the Age of War or earlier and the private military force raised by House Hasek to defend its mining and drilling concerns on New Syrtis. The Syrtis Fusiliers became the private guard and personal army of the Hasek family, with their star rising alongside that of the Hasek family and New Syrtis; the Syrtis Fusiliers expanded, and as time progressed the brigade became the official guard of New Syrtis and then the perhaps the most important military command within the Capellan March Principality of the Federated Suns.
Davion Civil War
The bulk of the Syrtis Fusiliers brigade supported Prince David Varnay and his wife Cassandra Davion loyally throughout the Davion Civil War, opposing first the combined forces of Laura Davion and Nikolai Rostov and then First Prince Alexander Davion. At the end of the war Prince Alexander offered an amnesty to the survivors from the brigade, and reintegrated the Syrtis Fusiliers into the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns, the restructured military that replaced the Federated Peacekeeping Forces as the state military of the Federated Suns.
Alexander's clemency towards the Syrtis Fusiliers and his subsequent actions in rebuffing the attempt by Richard Varnay to seize control of the Capellan March cemented the Fusiliers' loyalty to New Avalon and the wider Federated Suns.
The Star League
The Seventh Syrtis Fusiliers served the Federated Suns well in the two centuries following the Davion Civil War; when the Star League council issued the Council Edict of 2650, sharply limiting the size of the military each Great House was allowed to maintain, the Seventh and her sister regiments were left untouched. The brigade would remain ten regiments strong until shortly after the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650.
The Seventh Syrtis Fusiliers was just as shocked as the rest of the Capellan March when the Capellan Confederation invaded. To their credit, they responded by performing a series of raids against the CCAF from the "Frazer Thumb". The Seventh's large aerospace contingent and experience in rapid deployment and high-altitude drops allowed them to disrupt Capellan operations. In one case they even stole a JumpShip filled with supplies intended for Capellan forces. The Seventh's success made them a high priority target for the CCAF, and as a result the Seventh moved frequently. It was unusual to find them on any world for more than a month.
|Commanding Officers of the 7th Syrtis Fusiliers|
|Leftenant General||Suhanto Lexian||3145|
Due to the slow speed of the Seventh - a consequence of the preponderance of assault BattleMechs within the command - the regiment relied on reconnaissance being performed by local forces whenever the regiment deployed.
Seventh Syrtis Fusiliers (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- - At This point in time the Seventh were stationed on Monongahela. The Seventh was an assault regiment, with Emperor and Longbow 'Mechs being the most common 'Mechs in service with the regiment.
Seventh Syrtis Fusiliers (Veteran/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Seventh was an assault-weight unit operating at full regimental strength, and was based on Monongahela.
Seventh Syrtis Fusiliers (Veteran/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Seventh was an assault-weight unit operating at just over a third of full strength, and was based on Monongahela.
7th Syrtis Fusiliers (Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical) 
- Note: At this point in time the assault-weight unit was stationed on Monongahela with an operational readiness of 81 percent.  The unit was destroyed during the war.
Seventh Syrtis Fusiliers LCT (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Suhanto Lexian
Seventh Syrtis Fusiliers Aerospace Brigade (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Commodore Susan Brewer
Seventh Syrtis Fusiliers Armor Brigade (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Ronnie Lowe
Seventh Syrtis Fusiliers Infantry Brigade (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Leftenant General Andy Boone
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 18, "Syrtis Fusiliers"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 78
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 89, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 19, "Regimental Status"
- Seventh Succession War, p. 135, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns (AFFS)"
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 95