- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Angel Light Strike Fighter|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Engine (Type)||Hermes 100 AeroFusion|
|Fuel||160 - 1 ton|
|Communications System||Lassitor 2MA|
|Targeting Tracking System||IMB Hawkeye 30|
|BV (2.0)|| 145|
The Angel is a fusion-powered light-weight conventional fighter originally from the Free Worlds League. Like the Defender, the Angel was exported to every Successor State, becoming common across the Inner Sphere. In fact it is often known as the Light Strike Fighter.
With its light weight and easy to produce equipment, the Angel can be built on nearly any industrialized world. Though not a substitute for an AeroSpace Fighter, the Angel serves very well as a reconnaissance craft and a light strike fighter. Capable of harassing ground units and outrunning nearly anything else in the air, in the right hands the Angel is a deadly foe.
The only drawback to this craft is its extremely light armor. A few well-placed SRM rounds or Machine Gun hits will easily destroy the Angel. Fortunately for its pilots, the extreme speed of the craft makes it difficult to hit.
Weapons and Equipment
The standard Angel mounts a single SRM-4 in the nose, fed by a ton of ammunition. Though unlikely to cause any serious fear in a MechWarrior or AeroSpace Fighter pilot, loading the launcher with Inferno ammunition types makes the Angel much more dangerous.
As the Angel was distributed so widely across the Inner Sphere, every Great House is capable of manufacturing it. The Angel platform has also served as the basis for several variants.
- This variant used an AeroOmni 70 engine, this variant carries one ton of additional fuel, but also has a reduced maximum speed. Taking a cue from the Owl variants, the SRM launcher is replaced with nose-mounted medium and small pulse lasers, and carrying a rear-mounted ER Small Laser. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 158, BV (2.0) = 184
- Technical Readout: 3039, pp. 174-175, "Angel Fighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 4
- MUL online date for Angel
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 197
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 275
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 274
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 276
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 28, "Jalastar Aerospace"
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 280
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 200
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 279
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 277
- Record Sheets: 3039 , p. 198
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 278
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 199
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 263
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 196