- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Primary Products|| Aerospace Fighter|
Jaslastar Aerospace is a military hardware manufacturer in the Federated Suns.
Jalastar Aerospace was responsible for the development of the Federated Suns' first domestically produced Aerospace Fighter, the Centurion, in 2430. Growing to be one of the major manufacturers of AeroSpace Fighters in the Federated Suns, Jalastar held a number of contracts for the manufacture of fighters for the SLDF's Regular Army from the earliest days of the Star League. The company, being located near the periphery of the FedSun's border with the Taurian Concordat, took advantage of the Reunification War to profit by selling equipment and supplies.
In the twenty-ninth century, Jalastar created its own security forces, the Jalastar Factory Defense Force, in order to strengthen its ability to defend against both pirate activity and Taurian raids, in the absence of defending AFFS forces.
In 3025, the company had been thrown into a state of confusion. An unknown company, Federated-Boeing Interstellar being the primary suspect, had been buying up a significant amount of the corporation's controlling stocks. Efforts to prevent this hostile takeover drained the company's resources, complicating the completion of a new lighter engine it had been developing for its Sparrowhawk design. It was later revealed that Federated-Boeing was the acquiring buyer that failed in taking control of Jalastar.
By the mid-thirty-first century, the corporation has branched out to open a new production 'Mech division. In 3047, Corean Enterprises gave Jalastar a limited production license. Jalastar began to produce the CN9-A Centurion in limited quantities. In 3055, the company started producing Davion's favored light BattleMech design, the JVN-10P Javelin, in accordance with AFFC High Command request.
The corporation has fared very well security-wise since before the Succession Wars and up to the FedCom Civil War. However, by 3067 the local AFFS garrison forces was considerably drained, making the corporation vulnerable to a full scale invasion of Panpour.
On the 11th of February 3076 the facility on Panpour suffered critical damage to the BattleMech lines as a result of a raid by the Taurian Concordat; the attack apparently involved the use of a suicide DropShip the plant suffered heavy capital losses and personnel losses of 50%, and the operating capacity of the factory was reduced to a production volume of 65% by 3079. It was estimated it would be at least 3085 before other Amristar-based production lines would be functional.
Jalastar Aerospace has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
As of 3080, Jalastar's industrial facilities on Panpour were located on the landmasses of Remig (in the city of Amristar) and Kantara (in the city of Mestin). The BattleMech production occured in Amristar, while the aerospace and conventional vehicles were produced in Mestin.
- Designs that have been noted with "(As of 3XXX)" indicate the approximate date it appeared. The JVN-11D first appeared in print in Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, which talks about the unit being experimental, available in limited production. It does not mention the exact date it premiered, but TRO:3050 was "updated" as of 3071; thus the date. Other units may be similarly listed.
- Objectives: Federated Suns indicates only the Javelin BattleMech facilities are active as of 3080, due to a "Taurian suicide DropShip attack". It can safely be presumed that the attack was either kinetic or self-explosive (i.e., intentional crash or packed with explosives), affecting the facilities in Amristar, but not those of Mestin, which exist on a different landmass.
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 230, "CNT-1D Centurion"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 172, "Jalastar Aerospace" corporate profile
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 150 (p. 152, PDF), "Name: Jalastar Aerospace"
- Unit Digest: Jalastar Factory Defense Force, p. 3, "Defense Force Profile"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 166, "Federated-Boeing Corp" corporate profile
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 54, "Overview"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 18, "Overview"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 20, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 55, "The Jihad In Review"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 4, "State of the Industry At a Glance"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 28, "Jalastar Aerospace"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 32, "Produced Gunsmith Components"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 42, "Produced Myrmidon (Anti-Infantry) Components"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrades, p. 18, "Javelin 'Mech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrades, p. 54, "Centurion 'Mech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 228, "Jabberwocky Profile"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks, p. 10, "Produced Goblin Vehicle variant"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 74, "Manticore Vehicle Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrades, p. 106, "Typhoon Vehicle Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 182, "Meteor Fighter Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 212, "Sabre Fighter Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 196, "Sparrowhawk Fighter Profile"
- Objective Raids, p. 95, "Shipped Fusion Engines"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks
- Handbook: House Davion
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: Federated Suns
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns
- Technical Readout: Prototypes
- Unit Digest: Jalastar Factory Defense Force