BattleTechWiki:2019 Founder's Awards
2019 Founder's Awards
Don't you all wish we could go back to 2019? A simpler time...
Anyways, it is such an honor to have all of you amazing community members continue to evolve Sarna into to what it is today.
Every year, this wiki changes in little ways and in big ways. Every year, new people join, some people depart (hopefully temporarily!), and lot of us stick around to help build it little by little. In the end, this great wiki continues to grow because of all of you.
- Founder's Outstanding Member of the Year Award: Gruese
- Founder's Superior Editor of the Year Award: Will9761
- Founder's Superior Writer of the Year Award: Orwell84
- Founder's Exceptional Ambassador of the Year Award: Revanche
- Founder's Consistent Service Award: Pserratv and Cyc
- Founder's Honorable Mention Awards:
2019 Founder's Awards Nominations
Please post your nominations for the various Founder's awards here for discussion. Post not only the Editor's or Admin's name, but also why you feel that person should be the awardee. Nominations will close on the 31st of March, with Nicjansma announcing after he has made his decisions. Negative responses are not solicited, as these are only for nominations.
Five out of the six Founder's Awards are up for nomination; the Founder's Consistent Service Award is completely left up to Nic. The criteria/descriptions of the awards can be found here.
Please post your nominations under the appropriate sub-heading.
Founder's Outstanding Member of the Year Award
- from the citation: "awarded...for the previous year's efforts" (overall)
- Gruese. I nominate Gruese for this award even though his actual direct contributions to the wiki in 2019 only just about reach double digits. His behind the scenes work on Operation Doneve and the new maps that have resulted from it is in my opinion one of the biggest improvements to the wiki in years. They look so good! Dmon (talk) 09:31, 16 February 2020 (EST)
Founder's Superior Editor of the Year Award
- from the citation: "awarded...for the previous year's efforts" (in editing)
- Will9761 is my first pick for superior editor in 2019 because since joining in May 2018 he has become one of our most consistent and regular editors racking up just under 2,500 edits. We need more people like Will! Dmon (talk) 09:31, 16 February 2020 (EST)
- Admiral Obvious is my second pick. Joining us in December 2018 he has been with us a little over a year now and has taken on the frankly horrific task of trying to sort out the mess that is our weapons and equipment department. Thanks to him I felt brave enough to start work on a section I have avoided for years. Dmon (talk) 09:31, 16 February 2020 (EST)
Founder's Superior Writer of the Year Award
- from the citation: "awarded...for the previous year's efforts" (in writing)
- Orwell84. For this year I am going to nominate Orwell84 as my Superior Writer of the Year because his character articles are of a quality I can only dream of producing. Dmon (talk) 09:31, 16 February 2020 (EST)
Founder's Exceptional Ambassador of the Year Award
- from the citation: "awarded...to the member who worked the hardest to promote Sarna's existence, strengths and capabilities to other BattleTech communities"
- Revanche: gets my vote here, for his tireless work on Operation Doneve and the way he runs interference on comments, questions and suggestions from other BattleTech communities outside of Sarna looking to use the mapping data. BrokenMnemonic (talk) 02:42, 25 February 2020 (EST)
Founder's Honorable Mention Award
- from the citation: "awarded...to candidates warranting special recognition for the previous year's efforts; awarded to selected nominees of the Outstanding, Superior & Exceptional awards"
- Pserratv. My first nomination is Pserratv. I am only nominating him for a honorable mention instead of anything else because I think it is a bit unfair for him to win every category in one go! The guy is a machine who has stormed his way to second most prolific editor in the history of the wiki in only a couple of years. Dmon (talk) 09:31, 16 February 2020 (EST)
- Nicjansma. My second pick is Nic, He is the guy who makes all this possible, need I say more? Dmon (talk) 09:31, 16 February 2020 (EST)
- I certainly concur, Dmon. Unfortunately, Nic will never win won, since he is the final arbiter. However, I did start a GoFundMe to give him a new vehicle for all he has done for us, but we were only able to procure a third-hand Flea, from a Capellan salvage yard.--Revanche (talk|contribs) 13:41, 9 July 2020 (EDT)
- Dmon: for the enthusiastic way he's stepped up to being an admin here, and his constant and unflagging work on improving Sarna's content over the last year. BrokenMnemonic (talk) 02:42, 25 February 2020 (EST)
- Cyc: you have to admire Cyc's continuing years of efforts on making ComStar look like a reasonable and sane organisation on here... BrokenMnemonic (talk) 02:42, 25 February 2020 (EST)
- Nuclear-Fridge: who continues to fly under the radar, making hundreds of small edits to improve the quality and consistency of articles. BrokenMnemonic (talk) 02:42, 25 February 2020 (EST)