BattleTechWiki:2019 Founder's Awards
2019 Founder's Awards Nominations
Please post your nominations for the various Founder's awards here for discussion. Post not only the Editor's or Admin's name, but also why you feel that person should be the awardee. Nominations will close on the 31st of March, with Nicjansma announcing after he has made his decisions. Negative responses are not solicited, as these are only for nominations.
Five out of the six Founder's Awards are up for nomination; the Founder's Consistent Service Award is completely left up to Nic. The criteria/descriptions of the awards can be found here.
Please post your nominations under the appropriate sub-heading.
Founder's Outstanding Member of the Year Award
- from the citation: "awarded...for the previous year's efforts" (overall)
- Gruese. I nominate Gruese for this award even though his actual direct contributions to the wiki in 2019 only just about reach double digits. His behind the scenes work on Operation Doneve and the new maps that have resulted from it is in my opinion one of the biggest improvements to the wiki in years. They look so good! Dmon (talk) 09:31, 16 February 2020 (EST)
Founder's Superior Editor of the Year Award
- from the citation: "awarded...for the previous year's efforts" (in editing)
- Will9761 is my first pick for superior editor in 2019 because since joining in May 2018 he has become one of our most consistent and regular editors racking up just under 2,500 edits. We need more people like Will! Dmon (talk) 09:31, 16 February 2020 (EST)
- Admiral Obvious is my second pick. Joining us in December 2018 he has been with us a little over a year now and has taken on the frankly horrific task of trying to sort out the mess that is our weapons and equipment department. Thanks to him I felt brave enough to start work on a section I have avoided for years. Dmon (talk) 09:31, 16 February 2020 (EST)
Founder's Superior Writer of the Year Award
- from the citation: "awarded...for the previous year's efforts" (in writing)
- Orwell84. For this year I am going to nominate Orwell84 as my Superior Writer of the Year because his character articles are of a quality I can only dream of producing. Dmon (talk) 09:31, 16 February 2020 (EST)
Founder's Exceptional Ambassador of the Year Award
- from the citation: "awarded...to the member who worked the hardest to promote Sarna's existence, strengths and capabilities to other BattleTech communities"
Founder's Honorable Mention Award
- from the citation: "awarded...to candidates warranting special recognition for the previous year's efforts; awarded to selected nominees of the Outstanding, Superior & Exceptional awards"
- Pserratv. My first nomination is Pserratv. I am only nominating him for a honorable mention instead of anything else because I think it is a bit unfair for him to win every category in one go! The guy is a machine who has stormed his way to second most prolific editor in the history of the wiki in only a couple of years.
- Nicjansma. My second pick is Nic, He is the guy who makes all this possible, need I say more? Dmon (talk) 09:31, 16 February 2020 (EST)