Black Angus Boys
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Black Angus Boys|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Major Angus Black|
Formed from elements of the 18th Marik Militia in 3066, they were accused of bank robbery and stood under SAFE watch. In the Magistracy of Canopus, they defended only government sites, not the whole planet, when several companies of the Order of the Faithful attacked. After this debacle they returned to Herotitus. In October 3068 the Black Angus Boys were hired by the Taurian Concordat to assist in the invasion of Marknick, in the wayward Calderon Protectorate. However, the mercenary unit withdrew in the face of an enemy counterattack, claiming they had been hired for "offensive" action only.
Back on Herotitus they were hired by the Word of Blake. The unit helped the Blakists to seize control of Kittery. The unit was among the raiders with the 9th Division who crippled all resistance on Royalston, Atlas, and Scituate. In 3070 the Boys provided support for the transfer of Faith III-lambda which assaulted Beid. In late 3070 a lance of the Twentieth Avalon Hussars led by Leftenant David McKinnon had been stranded on the world of Beid by a DropShip malfunction along with a number of walking wounded being repatriated to rear areas of the Suns; they collectively found themselves suddenly in the middle of a Word of Blake raid on Beid launched by a company from the Blakist-employed mercenaries the Black Angus Boys and a detachment from the Word of Blake's Ninth Militia Division, Transfer of Faith III-lambda. The raid was one of a number of attacks and raids launched by Word of Blake units and Blakist-employed militia operating out of Kittery.
The commander of the mercenary forces, Captain Rico Iglesias, expected an easy fight against the Beid planetary militia, who were poorly equipped and not expecting an attack. However, as the mercenaries struck at the city of Newport, they found themselves under attack from a short company of 'Mechs based around McKinnon's lance from the 20th Hussars and a contingent of walking wounded, many piloting already damaged 'Mechs. Fighting in and around Newport, the actions of the hastily assembled short company combined with opportunity sniping from the Beid Militia quickly mowed down the Blakist mercenaries.
|Commanding Officers of Black Angus Boys|
- The Black Angus Boys avoid direct conflict.
- When backed in to a corner they fight with ferocity.
- The unit's motto belies their primary tactics: "Dishonor Before Death".
Dragoon Rating: F
- In addition to other rules the Black Angus Boys may optionally use the Word of Blake assignment tables when generating units.
- Blake Ascending, p. 193
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 31, "Black Angus Boys"
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 22, "Black Angus Boys"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 123, "Black Angus Boys (B)"