Black Angus Boys
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Black Angus Boys|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Major Angus Black|
Formed from elements of the 18th Marik Militia in 3066, they were accused of bank robbery and stood under SAFE watch. In the Magistracy of Canopus, they defended only government sites, not the whole planet, when several companies of the Order of the Faithful attacked. After this debacle they returned to Herotitus. In October 3068 the Black Angus Boys were hired by the Taurian Concordat to assist in the invasion of Marknick, in the wayward Calderon Protectorate. However, the mercenary unit withdrew in the face of an enemy counterattack, claiming they had been hired for "offensive" action only.
Back on Herotitus they were hired by the Word of Blake. The unit helped the Blakists to seize control of Kittery. The unit was among the raiders with the 9th Division who crippled all resistance on Royalston, Atlas, and Scituate. In 3070 the Boys provided support for the transfer of Faith III-lambda which assaulted Beid. On Beid they lost many machines to elements of the 20th Avalon Hussars.
|Commanding Officers of Able's Aces|
- The Black Angus Boys avoid direct conflict.
- When backed in to a corner they fight with ferocity.
- The unit's motto belies their primary tactics: "Dishonor Before Death".
Dragoon Rating: F
- In addition to other rules the Black Angus Boys may optionally use the Word of Blake assignment tables when generating units.
- Blake Ascending, p. 193
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 22, "Black Angus Boys"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 123, "Black Angus Boys (B)"
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 22 - "Unit Profile"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 16