|Manufacturer||Coventry Metal Works|
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Coventry Metal Works Model D-3|
|Communications System||Cyclops 14|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cyclops Multi-Tasker 10|
|Heat Sinks||10 single|
The Dart was designed when the Federated Commonwealth was looking for BattleMechs that were not ammunition dependent. Built with an all energy weapon arsenal and capable of reaching speeds of up to 151 km/h, the Dart is an exceptional recon mech.
Weapons and Equipment
The Dart is armed with three Magna 200P small pulse lasers which do not have a long range, but provide the Dart with highly accurate short range firepower. While not heavily armored, covered in only three and a half tons, the 'Mech's 225-rated engine gives it enough speed to evade pursuers.
For those desiring more firepower, Coventry offers the 4S and 6S variants.
- The 4S modifies the Dart in an attempt to add much needed firepower to the design without sacrificing the 'Mech's independence from ammunition. This is done by removing the three small pulse lasers and replacing them with three medium lasers. While this reduces the 'Mech's accuracy, the range and damage profiles are both increased over the 3S model. BV (1.0) = 560, BV (2.0) = 656
- The 6S variant of the Dart increases both its firepower and armor protection. The 'Mech upgrades to four and a half tons of ferro-fibrous armor and swaps the three small pulse lasers for two medium lasers. Even with one less medium laser than the 4S model, the 6S brings more overall firepower to the field than the 3S. BV (1.0) = 548, BV (2.0) = 641
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Pfeil. The model code was accordingly changed to PFL-3S.
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, pp. 92–93: "DRT-3S Dart"
- MUL online date for the Dart (BattleMech)
- Combat Operations, p. 127
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 9
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 10
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 11
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 58
- BattleMech Manual, p. 91 Design Quirk Table - Dart Entry.
- BattleMech Manual
- Combat Operations
- Master Unit List
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3085