Fire for Effect
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Fire for Effect|
|Author|| Herbert A. Beas II|
Ilsa J. Bick
Randall N. Bills
Jason M. Hardy
Steven Mohan, Jr.
Louisa M. Swann
Phaedra M. Weldon
|Development||Jason Schmetzer (Editor)|
|Cover artwork||Jonathan González Gómez|
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||23 August 2013|
|Era|| Star League era|
Succession Wars era
Civil War era
|Preceded by||Weapons Free|
Fire for Effect (subtitle: BattleCorps Anthology Volume 4) is a print anthology of 17 Jihad era short stories previously published via BattleCorps, most notably including the nine stories of the Case White Series, plus one previously unpublished story (A Thing to be Done). As usual, it includes a foreword ("Forward") and an "About the Authors" section.
From the back cover
A massive invasion fleet is destroyed almost to a man. Legions of soldiers, confident of victory, are cut down before they even reach the ground. Those that do make landfall are bombarded and shattered and rained with nuclear fire. Elsewhere, veterans long retired from combat are called back to duty by desperate times. Explorers comb unknown worlds for hints to explain deadly evils.
Seventeen stories of combat, honor, betrayal and death fill the pages of Fire for Effect: BattleCorps Anthology Volume 4.
Savvy readers will recognize now-familiar names in BattleTech lore among the authors: Steven Mohan, Jr., Kevin Killiany, Phaedra Weldon, Jason Schmetzer, Jason Hardy and Herbert Beas. These writers have shaped the direction of the BattleTech universe. In 2007, with these stories, they took the fictional storylines of the BattleTech universe to new and violent heights. Worlds rose and fell, and empires toppled. Armies of BattleMechs and fleets of WarShips fought and perished.
And beneath all of it, the spidery tendrils of the Word of Blake sowed mistrust and conflict in every realm.
- Forward by Jason Schmetzer
- Case White: Alpha by Phaedra M. Weldon
- Case White: The Breaking of Chemical Bonds by Steven Mohan, Jr.
- Case White: Stars in the Time of Dreaming by Ilsa J. Bick
- Case White: Backroads at Night by Jason M. Hardy
- Case White: By the Sword by Jason Schmetzer
- Case White: To Serve and Protect by Herbert A. Beas II
- Case White: The Voice of the Resistance by Chris Hartford
- Case White: The Good Fight by Jason M. Hardy
- Case White: Omega by Phaedra M. Weldon
- The Day After by Jason Schmetzer
- A Thing to be Done by Jason Schmetzer
- Forgotten Worlds: The Hunt for Jardine by Herbert A. Beas II
- Hunter or Hunted by Randall N. Bills
- Self Defense by Jason M. Hardy
- The Shaded Light by Jason Schmetzer
- An Emissary of Heaven by Steven Mohan, Jr.
- Rehab by Louisa M. Swann
- About the Authors
- BattleTech Eras
- The cover depicts a scene from one of the stories (The Day After): During the chaotic fighting in the aftermath of the attack on Wolf's Dragoons on Outreach on 24 December 3067, Colonel Kari Marita of the treacherous Broadsword Legion mercenary unit, piloting a Thug, steps on the cockpit of Lieutenant Grape's downed Loki, with Stacy Church in her Mad Cat witnessing the betrayal.