- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
House Grimm, the ruling dynasty of the Oberon Confederation, began with LCAF Colonel Hendrik Grimm who had close ties to House Steiner. The psychotic Colonel broke with House Steiner in 2840, fled into the periphery with his unit, and settled on Oberon VI in the 2840s (and prior to 2855). There, he established the rule of the Grimm family over the Oberon Confederation for some two centuries ("for over 170 years" as of ca. 3025), until the Oberon Confederation was overrun by the Clans in 3049.
It was noted that the power of the Grimm family grew rapidly in the decades preceding 3025. Although not explicitly spelled out, time and place seem to suggest some connection between this and the Jolly Roger Affair.
In 3012, one (other) Hendrik Grimm, apparently Hendrik Grimm II from the context, founded the Oberon Confederation "as a mockery of a state". Circumstantial evidence suggests this "founding" refers to him turning the relatively obscure periphery nation (that had already existed for over two centuries at the time, and was ruled by the Grimm family since the 2840s) into the notorious pirate realm it became in the early 31st century.
King Hendrik III was killed by the Clans in 3049, and his head paraded through the city on a pike.
Known members of House Grimm
- Hendrik Grimm I
- Hendrik Grimm II
- Hendrik Grimm III
- Ella Grimm
- Hendrik Grimm IV
- Karl Grimm
- Johann Grimm
Use of the numerals for the line of Oberon Kings named Hendrik was apparently optional. In the early 31st century, many references to "Hendrik Grimm" refer to Hendrik III, or in some instances possibly to Hendrik II (but not to the original Hendrik Grimm who would be over 200 years old by that time). Also, the first name is sometimes misspelled as "Hendrick".
Family Heirlooms and Holdings
- Battledroids boardgame rulebook (flipside sourcebook section, p. 5)
- BattleTech, 2nd Edition boardgame rulebook
- Objective Raids
- The Periphery (sourcebook)
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition (sourcebook)
- According to the writeup on Hendrik Grimm III in the Battledroids rulebook, p. 5; reproduced verbatim in the BattleTech 2nd Ed. rulebook
- The Periphery (2nd Ed.), p. 79, establishes the year as 3012; The Periphery (1st Ed.) p. 149 establishes that this was carried out by the grandfather of Hendrik III and not Hendrik III himself.
- The Periphery (1st Ed.), p. 149
- Objective Raids, p. 49