Krester's Ship Construction
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|Krester's Ship Construction|
|Primary Site(s)|| Terra|
|Primary Products|| DropShips|
Krester's Ship Construction was one of the largest shipbuilding companies of the Star League. At its height, it operated more than 30 shipyards, with 6 located outside the Terran Hegemony, and was a major manufacturer for the Star League Defense Force.
The company was headquartered on Station Alpha, a satellite in orbit of Terra. Other major company facilities included Keid, Thorin, Terra Firma and Yorii. Though it was a primary supplier of the SLDF, the company also wished to do business with the other Great Houses, which put it in conflict with the League. During the designing of the Behemoth and Mammoth DropShips, the company was assured that it could sell the designs to foreign markets. However, when prototypes of both ships made their maiden flights in 2658, the government immediately put them on the advanced-technology blacklist, limiting their sale to the Hegemony and creating financial hardship for the company. Two years later, both prototypes were stolen from their moorings above Keid. The Hegemony government, realizing the prototypes would be copied and sold anyway, relented and allowed Krester's to sell to foreigners.
Whether Krester's was behind the theft of its own ships was never proven, and it continued to be a primary supplier for the SLDF. Krester's would not survive the fall of the Star League, and many of its facilities, such as the orbital yards at Keid, were destroyed in the fighting. While the facility at Terra would be decommissioned, the shipyards at Keid, Terra Firma, Thorin and Yorii were all destroyed during the First Succession War.
The company was led by the Kester family of Terra.
|Components produced by Krester:|
|KF Tiger I||Texas|
|Interplanetary Drive - Combat Jumpships|
|Rolls Royce Krakens||Texas|
|Armor - Warships|
- The Star League, p. 165
- First Succession War, p. 125, "Shipbuilding Casualties of the First Succession War"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 203
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 144, "Texas WarShip Profile"