Pack Hunter II
|Pack Hunter II|
|Manufacturer||WC Site 3|
|'Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Type AR1 endo steel|
|Engine||Light Force 210 XL engine|
|Communications System||Trueborn Ultra 945B|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hunter 5 Dedicated TTS|
|Heat Sinks||10 double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Leaper Model, L5|
The Pack Hunter II is a light BattleMech produced by Clan Wolf-in-Exile on Arc-Royal during the Jihad. The 'Mech would first appear in combat in 3077 after a considerable amount of delays in its development. The design was originally seen as the OmniMech successor to the original Pack Hunter, however the Blakist attack against Arc-Royal and other priorities caused the delays.
The Pack Hunter II improves on its predecessor’s qualities, including various upgrades as well as a substantial improvement in armor and weaponry while retaining the original's speed. In a bid to improve survival rates of pilots, the design also includes a Full-Head Ejection System to prevent the loss of a warrior in combat.
Weapons and Equipment
Retained from the original, the 'Mech's main weapon is the Ripper Series A1 ER PPC, now backed up by a pair of arm mounted Series 2b ER medium lasers. The 'Mech's legs are protected from possible battle armor attack by having a B-Pod mounted in each leg. The 'Mech's weapons and movement heat is managed by 10 double heat sinks, but it's not adequate to handle the 'Mech's heat load.
- Pack Hunter II 2
- A variant created in 3078 due to sabotages and shortages of XL engines, this mixed-tech version of the Pack Hunter II must make do with a light fusion engine. Due to the weight of the Inner Sphere engine, engineers would drop both ER medium lasers and exchanges its B-Pods for A-Pods. However, the room made up for dropped equipment allows for it to have five tons of ferro-fibrous armor. BV (2.0) = 1,457
- Pack Hunter II 4
- This version of the Pack Hunter II was introduced during the Dark Age in 3093. The B-Pods and ER medium lasers have been removed, leaving it with only the single ER PPC, but in place of secondary weapons, each arm and leg has been equipped with an actuator enhancement system. BV (2.0) = 1,447
Dark Age Variants
- Some Dark Age variants were known to carry eight ER micro lasers to complement the single ER PPC.
- Pack Hunter II Isis
- The personal 'Mech of Galaxy Commander Isis Bekker of Clan Ghost Bear's Omega Galaxy in 3136, this Pack Hunter II variant removes the standard weaponry of the Pack Hunter II. In its place, the 'Mech carried a medium pulse laser in each arm, twin ER micro lasers in the right and left torso, and to provide additional punch, an Artemis IV-enhanced SRM-6 was mounted in the right torso. This version also carries slightly less armor than a standard Pack Hunter II. BV (2.0) = 1,276
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 144–145: "Pack Hunter II"
- MUL online entry for the Pack Hunter II
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 44
- MUL online entry for the Pack Hunter II 2 variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 202
- MUL online entry for the Pack Hunter II 3 variant
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 144: "Pack Hunter 2 Variants" - Improved Jump Jet variant of the Pack Hunter II
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 203
- MUL online entry for the Pack Hunter II 4 variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 87
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega, p. 22
- MUL online entry for the Pack Hunter II (Isis) variant
- BattleMech Manual, p. 93: BattleMech Quirk Table - Pack Hunter II Entry