- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works|
|Mech type||Mixed-tech BattleMech|
|Chassis||Luthien Class 74-77 Endo Steel|
|Armor||New Samarkand Teppeki Hardened|
|Engine||Ford 375 XL|
|Communications System||Sipher CommSys 4 with Guardian ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Neko Megane 7|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Speed||75 kph km/h|
Designed in 3135, the Shiro BattleMech was originally produced for the Draconis Combine's armed forces. Named for House Kurita's founder, Shiro Kurita, the Shiro was made to embody the spirit of Bushido, the Way of the Warrior, its armor designed to resemble the Samurai Armor of ancient Japan. When it was first presented to the DCMS, it was ordered only to those who are acclaimed and honor would be granted with the chance to pilot the Shiro.
Weapons and Equipment
The Shiro principally can fight at all ranges, with the 'Mech's main weaponry consisting of four Shigunga C Type LRM 10 Launchers located in its central torso. The launchers use Clan technologies, which allows the 'Mech to fire its missiles at all ranges with 3 tons of ammunition.
Backing up these ranged weapons is a single LB-2X Autocannon which is found in its left arm actuator. Intended to fight up front with rest of Combine frontline troops, the 'Mech's right arm is fitted with a Sword which is styled similarly to a naginata pole arm.
Powered by a 375-rated XL Fusion Engine and balanced by an XL Gyro, the 'Mech possesses a modest maximum speed of 75 kph. 'Mechs are normally faster with such an engine, but this 'Mech is slowed slightly due to its 21 tons of New Samarkand Teppeki Hardened Armor.
Gamewise, the Shiro was created for Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable game as part of its Fire Power expansion set.
The Shiro has the following Design Quirks:
- online date for the Shiro (BattleMech)
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 45 Shiro - BV2
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 158
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 45 Shiro - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 45 & 103 Shiro - Stats & Capacities
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 44 & 104 Shiro - Variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 159